1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Eastman Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by jazzrat, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Ahryn

Ahryn TDPRI Member

Grabbed mine today
    [​IMG]
    it's my first all solid wood guitar and it is a little cannon.
    everything I could want out of a parlor.

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Congrats! My E10P-SB is my first all solid wood acoustic as well and at about 1 1/2 years, I'm still overjoyed to play it.

3. luvdablz

luvdablz TDPRI Member

Just received my t486sb and all I have to say is the build quality of this baby is easily as good as any es335 if not better for a 1/4th the price. It is a work of art that sounds absolutely amazing! The SD jazz and 59s are a perfect pairing for all tones. I love it!!

4. Donelson

Donelson Tele-Afflicted

Luvablz, I am sure you will love that. I got my T185 in 2010 and use it a lot. Fits right in between the niche of a full jazz box and a solidbody. More "authentic" jazz sound than a 335 IMO; maybe due to the carved top.

Beware! The beauteous nitro finish is VERY thin & delicate. East to gouge or mar it. Especially take care when changing strings. Mine has several headstock nicks from back before I heeded this advice. :)

Obsessed likes this.
  5. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Poster Extraordinaire

C'mon Luvdablz, pics or it didn't happen! ;)

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

+1 Yup, the biggest ding I've ever did on a guitar happened to my Eastman Parlor and it was the most minor bang, yet left a ding in the nitro. Good PSA for the Eastman masses.

I was wondering if the nitro hardens a bit over time?

7. MarkWW

MarkWW Tele-Meister

I only have one Eastman a T486B...

t486b.jpg

Donelson and Garcon like this.
  8. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted

shocked there aren't more of these.

I've owned two.
    I originally had an AC420 (spruce over rosewood) that I traded in after about a year.
    Ironically, the one I traded it for (plus cash) was then traded in about 1 month ago and
    I got a new AC320CE.

If you haven't played these guitars, you really should. They are nothing short of amazing.

I had plenty of money when looking for the new one, and I tried every taylor, martin, and gibson in the shop
    up to about 1800. I paid 800 for the Eastman, and it blew all others way out of the water.

320:
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Obsessed likes this.
  9. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted

here's the 420:

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Obsessed and Donelson like this.
  10. Donelson

Donelson Tele-Afflicted

Nice, did the guitar come stock with that pickguard? I ask because I have a 2010 T185mx, like a 335 but slightly smaller, came with no pickguard; a 335 pickguard will not fit without modding, I tried that.

11. ndcaster

ndcaster Doctor of Teleocity

I'm close to buying an Eastman VB95GR upright bass

horax likes this.
  12. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I have been dreaming lately of a jazz box. I've dreamed/GASed before over such an instrument; I began playing 50+ years ago on an arch top, and so I'd like to have such a guitar in my collection, but money and/or specs have held me back thus far. I've checked out the Eastman website, but in their current lineup, to get what I'm looking for I have to go with an all solid carved wood guitar and spend $2,800 or more. Don't get me wrong; I would love an all solid woods guitar, but unless I win a million bucks or something, spending close to three grand on any guitar just isn't going to happen. I thought their laminate guitars lineup (or the solid top/laminate B&S lineup) used to have a model with the features I want.

Here's what I'm after: a fully hollow body arch top, preferably with a floating wooden bridge, and a single floating mini-humbucker mounted to the neck or pickguard, with the controls mounted to the PG as well. In other words, I want an old fashioned jazz box that can be played unplugged without any wiring, knobs or pickups mounted to the top of the guitar. There are other features I'd like, but I'd be willing to compromise on those, if the guitar is a player.

So, should I be looking for used? Has Eastman ever made such a guitar? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

13. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I picked up an Eastman 580ce in blue. It is my first jazz box. First owner put in a Charlie Christian which sounds phenomenal. It plays fast, has generous string spacing, looks great..I can't say enough about it. It oozes quality. If you get a chance, try their offerings. And used they are a bargain.

20190420_223840.jpg 20190420_223902.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    BigDaddyLH, Garcon and Donelson like this.
  14. nopicknick

nopicknick Tele-Meister

Huge Eastman fan. I have a T64 that is killer.

Donelson likes this.
  15. Tubeboy

Tubeboy Tele-Meister

20190715_175716.jpg Just got it today on trade SB57/N-BK . I've owned many Les Pauls Gibson and Epiphone this is miles above them.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.