Earworms

pi

Tele-Meister
Whenever I hear "Who let the dogs out?" it's stuck in my head for days.

Just the chorus. Again and again. woof woof.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Can't even hear the first couple bars without it getting stuck on repeat...

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
My wife and I call it an ‘earworm’ when you get a song stuck in your head. We often play an informal game, where you sing a couple bars and see if you can infect the other person with the song. I may be washing the dishes and she walks in and hums a few bars of Huey Lewis or Blondie, then walks out. I may retaliate with Apatche (kemosabe, jump on it). Never sinking to the level of the Kars for Kids jingle, because that’s just cruel and unnecessary. You win if you catch them humming or singing the song you infected them with. Extra points if it’s an annoying song. Does anyone else engage in this kind of psychological warfare with their spouse?
okay, damn it. Just reading the words Kars for Kids put me at risk. How dare you. Luckily I have Sweet Virginia going atm.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
Did you ever notice that ear worms are never songs you like?

Ain't that the truth, and I've had my share from all genres of music.

Sunrise, Sunset (first one I can remember when I was a kid. Isn't that from Fiddler On The Roof ?!)

Man! I Feel Like A Woman by Shania Twain

Turning Music Into Gold

Just a few, off the top of my head.
Oh, and most recently, a song called "Beggin'" by Moleskin or Foreskin or whatever his name is. It's terrible.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

Sunrise, Sunset (first one I can remember when I was a kid. Isn't that from Fiddler On The Roof ?!)

Turning Music Into Gold

Oh, and most recently, a song called "Beggin'" by Moleskin or Foreskin or whatever his name is. It's terrible.

Music Into Gold. I just heard that on the radio recently - actually the wife's Spotify - it's not a bad song, and I had not heard that for decades. It did not stick with me though.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

Turning Music Into Gold

And now "Music Into Gold" is stuck in my head. OMG WHT have you done?

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
I came really close to posting this in the best country and western song thread. But since it's an earworm, I relented. And since this is an earworm thread, here 'tis.

john_cribbin

Friend of Leo's
At least nobody has mentioned Baby Shark. Lets face it, who wants Baby Shark going around their head. I mean once you've heard Baby Shark it just won't go away. Baby Shark should not be inflicted on anybody. That also includes any of Baby Sharks extended family.

Mechanic

Friend of Leo's
I’ve a few
Monomona by the Muppets
Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll by Ian Dury.
Gotta figure out how to post vids. They’re more effective to give ear worms.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I came really close to posting this in the best country and western song thread. But since it's an earworm, I relented. And since this is an earworm thread, here 'tis.

Oh my gosh. That is one of my least favorite GS (NOT Harper) songs of all time. Not to mention one of my least favorite country songs.

It's so completely cheesy, what a waste of studio time.