Earthquaker Devices

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TeleBrew, Oct 4, 2018.

1. TeleBrew

TeleBrew Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I just picked up two used Earthquaker Devices pedals in the last week or so, and like them so much that I've got a third one on the way.

I got an Arrows boost and a Speaker Cranker, and they're both going to be used a lot both for recording and in a live setting.

I think the Arrows is the boost I've been looking for. It's not entirely transparent, because it's designed to give your tone a midrange bump to cut through a band mix. It does exactly that!

The Speaker Cranker is great on its own as a semi-clean boost, but when turned up it really drives a clean tube amp into overdrive nicely. And it gooses other dirt pedals really well, too.

The pedal on the way is an Erupter Fuzz (one knob!), so I can't wait to see how that works out.

EnzoDooder, zippofan and Danjabellza like this.
  2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I have the Data Corrupter. It is weird and wonderful

3. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

I’ve been interested in a lot of their pedals for a while especially their reverb/delay combo pedals.

Piotr and TeleBrew like this.
  4. TeleBrew

I'm really impressed so far. The Arrows and Speaker Cranker have made me finally "get" the whole idea of stacking dirt boxes, too, which is a cool bonus.

5. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Tele-Afflicted

I have a Ghost Echo. Not wowed by it, but it's okay.

6. TeleBrew

I haven't tried anything else than the two I have, but I'm interested. If something were to come up used at a good price I might take a chance on something else.

7. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

Got the reverberation machine and love it. I recently picked up a speaker cranker clone and way too high gain. I would need to mod it or something since if it's around 1 it's just fizzy and crackley.

8. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Afflicted

I have the Erupter, a 70's power fuzz bomb

TeleBrew likes this.
  9. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

The Arrows is one of my favorite boosts, and I've tried a lot. Especially in front of my Orange Micro Terror, it just makes that amp sing. I also have the Speaker Cranker, cool overdrive. It was my introduction into the "Electra" overdrive circuit, and it's a great introduction. I've been fooling around with breadboarding variants of the Electra since I found out the SC was in that family.

TeleBrew likes this.
  10. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

11. blakestree

blakestree Tele-Meister

I have a very special one for sale in the classifieds.

12. Cazualwhiteguy

Cazualwhiteguy Tele-Meister

Not a pedal guy these days but once was. I got their Hoof Fuzz very early on and I believe my Speaker Cranker is #06x, somewhere in the 60s. Great pedals!

13. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

I work part time at a place that specializes in guitar pedals and I've had a few of theirs. I had the Palisades, Dunes, Tone Reaper, and the hummingbird. Some of their stuff is really great. They also make some very weird over the top stuff too. I tested out the Rainbow Machine the other day and there's no way I could use it in a band situation yet I see them on other people's boards occasionally.

14. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

the depths is a damn fine uni-vibe and considering the amount of knobs never really strays so far off course that you're like "this is garbage"
    the ghost echo ... with the long decay belton brick it does a nice modulated reverb with a nice slapback of delay in there for interest and either you like that or you don't ... I like it
    the sea machine ... I'm on the fence about this one ... does it do chorus? sure. but it does a lot more in the "this is garbage" range than I would like. I feel the slapback delay aspect is just unnecessary.

15. Murphcaster

Murphcaster Tele-Meister

I've got a Palisades and very much like it. I heard/read some reviewer call it, "The tube screamer for people who don't like tube screamers". Hence why I gave it a shot...and so glad I did.

TeleBrew likes this.
  16. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

I got a Tone Job on the way, but was seriously considering some of their weirder pedals for some ambience in a wet/dry setup - Avalanche Run, Disaster Transport Sr, Interstellar Orbiter... One of the more innovative companies around with designer having a great ear.

17. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Holic

Was going to get the Avalanche Run v2 but ended up getting the Strymon El Capistan instead.....I am a sucker for tape delay, and the Cap seemed a better fit. Turns out I was right.
    The one EQD pedal I am very interested in is the Warden. That thing looks and sounds fantastic.

18. Hudman_1

Hudman_1 TDPRI Member

I have the Hoof Fuzz. It’s a great pedal.

19. bluebirdrad

bluebirdrad Tele-Meister

Tone Job. Simple eq\boost that runs on 18V. I use it for a boost --push the mids a bit and cut treble and bass. I have used it as an always-on EQ as well because it's so easy to tweak your tone on the fly -- very simple and musical EQ for guitar.

TeleBrew likes this.
  20. Pajama

Pajama Tele-Meister

Is it useable? It seems a bit too wild for anything musical. Can you use it for anything besides a "special effect"?
    (I am basing my comments on demos I have seen around the web and not first hand experience.)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.