Earthquaker avalanche run & jhs lucky cat

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by jed mac, Sep 26, 2021.

1. jed mac

jed mac Tele-Meister

I am fairly interested in either one or both the avalanche run and lucky cat but I haven’t had the chance to try either. Years a go I was supposed to get an avalanche run but last minute things fell through.
    So I my question is have anyone have any experience with either pedals.

the reason I want two delay pedals is for long and short delays or is there a pedal that will allow to use both on one pedal .

since a delay pedal is the one I’d use the most I think that be the first one I’d probably pickup.

thanks in advance Jared

Tyuk likes this.
  2. Tyuk

Tyuk Tele-Meister

Not sure what features you’re looking for or if it’ll do what you want in terms of double delay but check out the Wampler Ethereal or Source Audio Collider. I believe both have sub-division delays and the Collider has presets/MIDI control.

That said, I’m an EQD fan boy and would go with the AR out of the pedals you’re looking at. Happy hunting!

jed mac likes this.
  3. jed mac

jed mac Tele-Meister

Cool I’ll check that out when I get home

4. Big Twang Theory

Big Twang Theory Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Had a JHS Lucky Cat and it was pretty meh. Sold it fairly quickly. Not horrible, but just not very inspiring. Don't have the avalanche run, but have been thinking of getting one myself. Like you I like having different delay times available. Another suggestion would be the Empress Echosystem. Can save presets with different delay times. And the presets are easily accessible using the footswitch, so no bending over to switch. I have mine set up so I can cycle through different subdivisions by preset, and have the tap tempo set as "global" so even when I switch presets it'll be in time, just faster or slower.

jed mac likes this.
  5. brianbivens

brianbivens TDPRI Member

735E5178-8C48-4797-8DAC-BB07A1F00884.jpeg AC771278-3578-4426-BA45-81A21F892730.jpeg I have the Pink Panther V2, which is the same as the Lucky Cat. It’s very nice. Does clean sparkly digital repeats as well as tape-ish sounds. It’s no El-Capistan, but it’s easy to dial in a great tone. My only caution would be that doing a subtle delay with dark almost “felt-not-heard” repeats is challenging compared to my el cap…

6. jays0n

jays0n Tele-Holic

I have the Avalanche Run but consider it more of a Reverb than Delay. It has delay but I never use it alone. You can control the decay and timing of the Delay via an expression pedal (actually every knob and switch on the pedal can be controlled by a pedal) however you can only control one at a time. So you could use an expression pedal to make the decay or timing longer or shorter while playing but it does not have presets.

it is fantastic sounding pedal though. I love the reverse delay along with some insane reverb. It puts me in the zone!!!

hope you find what you are looking for.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.