1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Earthquake in center Italy

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by brogh, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Grabsplatter

Grabsplatter Tele-Holic

2. brogh

brogh Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Thanks Guys For all the support !

Really apreciated !

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Very upsetting news. Terrible loss of life.

That's the conundrum: The wonderful old buildings have so much to contribute to the fabric of culture and society, and yet they're all doomed in the long run. Part of what makes the buildings wonderful are the people who inhabit them. Something is clearly lost when buildings are demolished in anticipation of quakes, but the living there, knowing the risk, has got to be so stressful.

I hope what is built back in time captures some of the sense of the Antiquity, but that's far from certain. I hope everyone who can't lend a direct hand in the clearing of debris and so forth will take some time and write in detail their remembrances of these ancient places, for posterity.

brogh likes this.
  4. brogh

Admin Post
    And It's shaking again....

more or less in the same places as the one in august was, we had two big shakes here on wednesday, and then this morning at 7:40 am a big one shook my apartment, damn it, nothing fell but this one was really bigger and longer than the last one.

It was measured around 6.5 magnitude

5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Brogh, I don't know how I missed this first time around, but my condolences to you and all the people affected by this tragedy. I have lived through several earthquakes in California, fortunately for us the effects in our own locations have been pretty mild. When I hauled heavy equipment the earthquake they had in Los Angeles, and San Francisco in the 90s when overpasses came down on the freeways made travel a nightmare for folks. It made hauling equipment down there very time consuming taking alternate routes to get where the equipment needed to go. I hope you stay safe, and that things settle down there. It's a tragedy losing all those old homes and shops, the people are what makes the towns what they are, but their surroundings and their history affect them. Even if rebuilt, things will never be the same, and that is a tragedy in itself.

6. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

I'm glad to hear that you're all right, brogh. I hope that everything turns out as well as it can under the circumstances, and I hope that the seismic activity calms down. Hang in there and stay safe.

7. brogh

Admin Post
    Thank You guys

everything ok here, but wow that was a biggie ... this morning put pants on grabbed n°1 and stood under a door frame until it passed, it lasted womewhat 50 seconds or so but it felt way longer than that, frames, chandeliers, speakers on stand started shaking quite a while.

fraking scary..

Gladly no one was injured this time, just minor stuff, but the old towns over there gt another big hit and some historical bulidings and churches were damaged, here in town the subway was closed for security and for letting the tech guys do a check .. better safe than sorry right ?

this is a before/after of this morning shock :(

[​IMG]

8. teleaddicted

teleaddicted Tele-Holic

Yep! Freakin' scary for sure!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.