1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Early mods to my Vintera Jag

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by buster poser, Oct 26, 2020.

1. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

My NGD thread (link) is a little more than a week old, but figured it's not really an NGD anymore. Mods feel free to move/combine if I should've done so.

Anyway... 7.25" radius Mustang bridge installed, which should be the part from the factory on all Jags imo. The 'threaded saddle' design for me was just abhorrent in every way. I tried the GraphTech saddles as well and in my opinion, would not bother with them unless you've shimmed your neck as they have even less heft than factory and like to dance around in the bridge's 'slot' even more than the stockers, though they do sound much better.

I also swapped out the tortoise guard the white, might get a cream pearloid to match the pup covers. Those black knobs will also go at some point too.

Bonus shot of my Tele on the wall next it down below. Thanks for looking.

9B2A6502.jpg jag1.jpg 9B2A6503.jpg

ReverendRevolver likes this.
  2. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

Yea, theres a veritable cult of mustang bridge superiority enthusiasts. I haven't had as much experience with Jag or JM bridges as late 70s Mustangs, but I'm inclined to say you may be correct that it being a factory decision would be great.

I'm a tort fan, but cream pearloid would look great.

Congratulations, looks fun to play.

3. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Thanks, and someone in my NGD thread remarked the Custom Shop Jags all come with the Mustang part, as does the Marr signature. I adjusted it enough to make it playable, but out of the box it was just not good, especially since they put 9s on from the factory (as I understand it).

It's a weird guitar, still not 100% on it and may bail it, but I wanted to get it as close to perfect as I could before making that call.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.