e cigs

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by homesick345, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I have a couple of coworkers that have them but they never remember to recharge them so they still smoke most of the time.

2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Have a couple different kinds in basement...I ought to charge them up again
    and try.... I like the idea of no tar..

3. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

Been using 'em for three years. Now I can walk uphill without any heavy breathing.

4. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's

70 years of smoking, with a couple of short intermissions, then decided I just had to quit..I went the e-cig route last summer..Used them for 3 months with no real tobaco at all.. They worked well for satisfing the nipple subsitution, but never found a brand that tasted right..Back to the real thing now,,Dammit..

5. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

^^^^^ +1 or move to Washinton or Colorado....they finally get it..!

6. hazcat

hazcat Tele-Meister

I've smoked more than a pack a day for around thirty years. Been fauxking for about a month and a half. In that time, I've smoked about a pack and a half of analogs, mainly in the beginning, when I was allowing myself an occasional American Spirit as a treat. After the first two weeks, I realized that the analog no longer seemed like much of a treat, as the vape unit gave me a better throat hit and better flavor. Now I only smoke when I find myself between battery charges, which is a rare occurrence.

I stuck to tobacco-ish flavors at first because I wanted the best smoking simulation I could get, but it didn't take long to realize that the flavor was not the reason I smoked. I still don't go much for candy-flavored e-liquids, but there's a near-infinite array of flavors, and it turns out that many of them are better than "burning leaves." The liquid I use is mixed here in town at the shop I buy from. They use components from US manufacturers. I love my fauxking.

7. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

What is the best E cig....I have been through a couple....and a few diff MG types?

8. hazcat

hazcat Tele-Meister

I started with a standard KR808 cigarette-shaped device, since it seemed like the best smoking simulator. It worked well, and with a couple of extra batteries, I could use it all day. However, I used it often and hit it hard, so I was swapping batteries all day long. I ended up buying an X2 battery and use T3 clearomizers. Now when I vape, I look like I might be preparing to play a sprightly tune on some sort of children's wind instrument. However, I think I totally pull it off. I still use the 808 at work and for around town, as it is a bit stealthier.

There are about a metric ****e-tonne of e-cigs and personal vaporizer units out there. Unsurprisingly, there's a forum: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ . I found it very useful. I'll PM you the brand I'm using.

Jeff

9. yellowbeard

yellowbeard Tele-Holic

I decided on a whim to try an NJoy I saw at the gas station and am very impressed. Pack and a half a day smoker for well over 30 years and smoked 2 cigarettes so far today. I want to look into a kit and refills, anyone have a preference on these? Magic mist looks promising.

10. wildkat-bob

wildkat-bob Tele-Afflicted

been wondering about those for a while now,been smoking since i was 13 after reading the coments tomorow i will give them a try.as for the green stuff been smoking since 13 have no intention of quitting.after all im not dead and listening to titties and beer in a constant loop for eternity.

11. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

probably because the FDA is always about 5 years backlogged, plus they have to run a lot of controlled tests for a few years to study long-term effects. it's an incredibly involved process, and i'm sure they tend to give higher priority to things like HIV medications and that sort of thing. hopefully they'll get around to it sooner rather than later, but they may also just be waiting for awhile so they can use the public health data that becomes available (since that would probably negate the need for a least some of their standard tests.) just my best guess though.

ack, my friend has one of those Blu e-cigs and i he let me try it. it was one of the most foul things i've ever tasted! i'm considering switching to e-cigs, but not if they all taste like that!

12. yellowbeard

yellowbeard Tele-Holic

Just wanted to update, since my kit arrived on Friday 6/7, I started with it the following day. I smoked 2 Marlboros that day and none at all since. One week tobacco free and it feels great!

13. Skub

Skub Friend of Leo's

When I gave up ciggies I just stopped ciggies. No patches,no e-whatever,just stop doing that.

Revolutionary?

Hey go me.

14. jmiles

jmiles Friend of Leo's

Tried them. Bought the cig and tried different liquids. They all made me cough horribly.

15. Swampash&Tweed

Swampash&Tweed Friend of Leo's

LOL. Regular Cigarette's tell you on the Box that the government states that they WILL cause cancer and heart disease. Its a given. I'm sorry , but your all of a sudden worried about what's in them? :neutral:

16. Swampash&Tweed

Swampash&Tweed Friend of Leo's

About the only way to improve your health for sure IMO. Good on ya!

17. lendryesky

lendryesky Tele-Afflicted

They're not supposed to really be used to actually quit "smoking." Just an alternative to it, as most of them have higher nicotine levels than regular cigs. I only tried one brand and it was indeed awful. They are probably better for you than tobacco, despite not being tested.

18. yellowbeard

yellowbeard Tele-Holic

Nice, but easier said than done for a lot of people....I'm proof of that. The patch, gum, hypnosis, cold turkey, tried em all none worked. The E cig may not be perfect, but it's gotta be better than the 4,000 known chemicals in tobacco cigs.

19. lendryesky

lendryesky Tele-Afflicted

Quitting is easy, I quit about 14 times daily.

20. Skub

Skub Friend of Leo's

Whatever works. A good mate of mine has struggled for years..he stops smoking,eats the world and gains 2 stone,then starts smoking again, rinse and repeat. I wish I could take on the challenge for him,but it's down to the individual. You are correct,it's not easy for some. I didn't mean to seem condescending,it's font limitations yanno.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.