Dylan does " Brown Sugar "....

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by rjtwangs, Jun 24, 2019.

1. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Such mixed feelings!
    • Bob, you're embarrassing yourself. Accept the golden rocking chair and rest proud of what you've done and will forever mean.
    • Damn, but the Old Man still fearlessly tries things and gloriously does whatever the hell he wants to do, and still has good taste.
    • "Suzie, make sure you use the big bib on grandpa at supper tonight--we're gonna try soup again."
    • Voices that have been run over by history's skidding rubble are a great match for raucous rawk songs.
    • Please don't move, Bobby. The monitors might trip you up, and moving looks like it hurts, anyway.
    • Many Rolling Stones songs, such as this one, are so freakin' much fun that even a wheezed out geez "singer" can't ruin them, at all.
    • If grandpa would forget vanity and wear his glasses, he'd see where the mic is.
    • Nice of Bob to return the nod to the Stones for their fine version of "Like a Rolling Stone" by churning out one of their famous tunes.
    • Cigarettes and whiskey--not a singer's friend.
    • The Old Man sure knows how to craft together a tight band.
    • The same four "lead" notes thonked back and forth on the Strat for the last 20 years won't hurt much, as they're hidden so low in the mix, and it is cute how grandpa thinks that opening and closing the glovebox is him "driving the Buick."
    • ANYONE WHO WROTE "BLOWIN' IN THE WIND" AND SANG THE FIRST VERSION OF "GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY" SO EXQUISITELY CAN DO WHATEVER HE WANTS.

elihu, nvilletele and rjtwangs like this.
  2. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Aw c’mon, who DOESN'T want to do Brown Sugar?

dkmw, rjtwangs, jrblue and 1 other person like this.
  3. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

Larry is awesome. Charlie is great as well, but Larry is the more accomplished all-around musician, for sure. Saw Larry this year with David Bromberg and David Hidalgo. Larry Campbell is awesome (yes, I said it twice).

rjtwangs likes this.
  4. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

The guy who wrote "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll" is singing "Brown Sugar." And that's not good enough for some?

mrbdxmpl and rjtwangs like this.
  5. mrbdxmpl

mrbdxmpl Tele-Meister

I was at that show too - I think it was Charlie's last night with Dylan for a few years...

6. mrbdxmpl

mrbdxmpl Tele-Meister

Actually, no - Sexton and Campbell both played a ton of guitars - they each rotated through 6-8 instruments over the course of the night, at least during the 2001/2002 tours when I saw them. What's interesting is that now Charlie is playing only one or two instruments a night - a Tele the last time I saw him. I've wondered if this wasn't Bob's decision - he keeps a pretty tight rein on his stage...

rjtwangs likes this.
  7. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

my screen said "bob Dylan, brown sugar, boston" - was hoping to hear him rip into "more than a feeling".

rjtwangs likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.