1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Dwight Yoakam "One Time Live" series

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by buster poser, Feb 24, 2021.

1. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Hopefully not a repost, but I hadn't seen it...

Dwight's doing his albums start-to-finish starting next week. Pretty great concept, I'm really looking forward to these first three, very big albums for me as a teenager and now.

https://boxoffice.mandolin.com/pages/dwight-yoakam

[​IMG]

2. buster poser

Bumping to ask if anyone else watched the first night. I bought the three-show pass, and watched it last night, which gets you a 48h pass to view it later.

They were shooting from EastWest (fka West Coast, where Sinatra et al recorded). The band was unbelievably tight, fun stories between songs with Bill Bentley about Dwight's early days, and it was great to see/hear Brantley Kearns. "South of Cincinnati" blew me away, I had no idea Dwight's voice still sounded so great. Now I really regret passing on his show here in late '19.

Still, a real pleasure to hear an album I wore out in my late teens/early 20s (along with the other two that are coming; can't wait). Recommended if you're at all a fan, and dang do I miss live music.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

well dang, Guitars Cadds etc woulda been the one for me, and I missed it

buster poser likes this.
  4. _MementoMori_

_MementoMori_ Tele-Holic

I never get to watch TV anymore. I love Dwight though. The title track from Buenas Noches is one of my favorite songs of all time.

buster poser likes this.
  5. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

For those of us who missed the first episode, can we still sign up and watch the first episode?

buster poser likes this.
  6. buster poser

Might give it a shot, I'm not sure. The 48h viewing window was listed as a benefit/value add for buying all three, and that window ends tonight at 7p mountain I believe.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.