Dunlop Wah up/down reversal

Swirling Snow

Tele-Meister
Listening to Hendrix and Clapton, I always imagined that the high pitched tone was "toe up". I actually "air practiced" this for several years. When I got my first Cry Baby, it was a no-brainer to resolder the wires on the pot so that's how it worked. And again. Several times, as they kept turning into oscillators (I bet I could fix that, now). Anyway....

I just bought a new Dunlop super-dupery wah, and looking inside, these days, even the pot is connected to a circuit board. There are wires, I see them, but I was wondering if anyone else even had advice for taking one of these apart.

You know, of the, "You don't have to take this out, make sure to make the position of that, etc." Or even a better way than swapping pot wires.

soggybag

Tele-Meister
Not sure what the PCB looks like but, the pot only has three connections you need to reverse two of these. If you can map out the traces on the PCB you might be able to identify the wires that need to be changed.

if you have a multimeter you can use this to assist and confirm any suspicions.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
Cut the tabs, bend them out of the way, and solder short wires to the opposite posts. If you mess this up, you have to desolder the pot and get a new one, which may be easier if not for the desoldering, which is a pain.