Duncan Little 59 bridge pickup

Clifton C

Tele-Afflicted
Does anyone on the forum have one of these pickups? I just put one in on my 80s paisley reissue, and it sounds great! I have a Gibson mini-humbucker at the neck position, and the two compliment one another quite well.

Clifton C

Tele-Afflicted
Cool! I decided to keep mine simple for now, although I have considered wiring the two humbuckers like a Big Apple Strat.

I've noticed on the Little 59 how sensitive it is to change in volume--more so than any other pickup I've had. Usually, a pickup sounds the same, just quieter or louder. But on this pickup, the character changes as the volume increases. Up to about 3/4 volume, it sounds like a clear, clean humbucker. But after that, the tone starts to get darker and raunchier. It's been really fun to explore! I was looking for the tone that Don Leady of the Tail Gators gets with his Telecasters, and so far it seems pretty close.

porknblue

Tele-Holic
I have one installed in the bridge position of an assembly I did I call the "Black-e-Caster". In the neck position of this one there is a Seymour Duncan SL59-1n Little 59 for Strat. The guitar "Rocks"! Sounds great.

Did another Tele with one in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan STR-1 Vintage Rhythm in the neck. That guitar sounded beautiful. Sold it to a friend. (Shouldn't have!)

Both are/were wired with the 4-way switch mod.

The Balsk-e-Caster
BC1.jpg

My first Parts-Caster Assembly
SBI001Body2.jpg

Racer5

Tele-Afflicted
I have the strat version in my melody maker, it rocks! Fat tone, plenty of output.

hongaku

Tele-Afflicted
I have an unused brand new in box one laying around (a random throw in included in a random gear trade) that I've contemplated putting in the bridge of my 69 thinline RI, but haven't done it as I wasn't sure the CS Texas Special in the neck would play nice with it...any one ever tried that combo?

picknfool

Tele-Holic
I've got one in the bridge position on my Strat, with a push/pull coil split- does exactly what I need it to. (The Strat's my "rock" guitar.)

dada

Banned Troll
I have one in my Affinity. I paired it up with a GFS Fatbody. Wired it with a on/on/on DTP for coil split/parallel/series options. Not Tele like at all but a nice option to have.

cimg0656w.jpg

By dada1952 at 2011-08-21

Clifton C

Tele-Afflicted
Those black Teles are sweet! One of my favorite Telecaster colors, especially with a black pickguard!

Clifton C

Tele-Afflicted
Dada--is that color Sea Foam Green? Great color, whichever one it is!

Hongaku--that sounds like it would be a very nice combo. I think the two hot pickups, combined with a semi-hollow body, would be tone heaven!

hongaku

Tele-Afflicted

Hongaku--that sounds like it would be a very nice combo. I think the two hot pickups, combined with a semi-hollow body, would be tone heaven!

Indeed, this thread has piqued my interest in trying it out at least...worst that can happen is I end up putting the TS bridge back in ;)

dada

Banned Troll

Reranch Surf Green. I have another Tele I am going to paint Sonic Blue when the weather warms up a little. It is relatively an easy process.

Clifton C

Tele-Afflicted
VincinteBD--wow, what a pretty guitar! It looks like it started out as a Standard Telecaster, at least from the headstock decal. How does the neck Antiquity sound? Is it fairly hot, or is there a noticeable difference in sound level between the two?

Dada--Sonic Blue is a great color! I hope you post some shots when you're done! You're much braver than I am--I'm not sure if I'd be able to paint a body as well as you. I looked up the ReRanch site--very cool! I'm really impressed with the technical knowledge and ability of the folks on this site!

Vicentebd

TDPRI Member
Clifton C ---- Thanks...:D That's first tele I build, 50s Ri body, STD neck, MIM. About the neck pickup, SD Antiquity, I liked a lot, not hot as Lil'59, some people say, aren’t bright, but I like the "voice". The fifth position on switch, have a cap. 0,01uf they cut a fraction of the lowend, of the neck pickup.

The DC resistance: