Dumped the strap locks.

Cyberi4n

Tele-Holic
Dunlops on all of mine. I prefer their aesthetic over the Schaller ones, I think they’re easier to use, I like the fact that the strap button is shaped such that a normal strap could be fitted, and unlike the Schaller ones there’s no lead pinching if you’re one of the ones that likes to tuck your lead up between strap and body

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
Good! Mine did though. Not only that, they were just loud in general when I moved around. Not a big deal live, but in a studio, was no bueno. Just my own experience.

I found a pretty good fix for the Schaller yesterday. I ordered these to use the normal way but then I got this bright idea...

Put the Fender Strap Block on the button before attaching the strap lock and it takes up all of the free play so they don't move at all. No rattling. No squeaking. BAM! They fit nice and "tight" with no extra movement.

20220707_020455.jpg

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
I found a pretty good fix for the Schaller yesterday. I ordered these to use the normal way but then I got this bright idea...

Put the Fender Strap Block on the button before attaching the strap lock and it takes up all of the free play so they don't move at all. No rattling. No squeaking. BAM! They fit nice and "tight" with no extra movement.

View attachment 1001986
Nice!

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I hate strap locks. I just use decent strap buttons and a strap. They never come off. The only buttons I generally have to replace are those stupid, useless, tiny, vintage style Gibson buttons. Such a terrible idea, Gibson. I don’t care if they did it like that in the 50’s. Get rid of those things, already.

I do have a couple guitars with DiMarzio clip-lock straps. Now that’s a great design.

tvvoodoo

Tele-Afflicted
Jumbo strap pins. I get my own milled... nice deep spool, round smooth bell, tight shaft for a bigger longer screw that won't wobble inside

Q9TOOuGO_o.jpg

Regular girly button/screw on the bottom for comparison.

Simplest gadget-free solution.