Dumb Stuff That Frustrates You

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Jul 9, 2019.

1. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

That reminds me...
    I was in a car accessory shop recently (which shall be nameless as I don't want trouble again), and upon taking my one £5 item to the till and holding out a £5 note, I was asked by the assistant 'do you have an e-mail address?'
    I said 'is my purchase going ahead conditional on me giving it to you?'
    (Momentary embarrassed silence from the assistant)
    'It's so we can e-mail you the receipt.' (!)
    'Yeah, and deluge me marketing mail forever.'
    (Assistant's silence again)
    'Can't you just print a receipt from the till?'
    'Umm... I guess I could.'
    'Ok, do that, please.'

I realise he was acting under orders, but this transparently cynical policy clearly hadn't been thought through at head office!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

Yeah Maplins used to be like that. I miss them now though. Also, when you buy something at an airport they always want to scan your boarding pass. There is absolutely no legal requirement for this; they're just gathering data on you.

Piggy Stu and RoyBGood like this.
  3. RoyBGood

'Maplins used to be like that' - there's a cautionary tale, eh!

4. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Meister

Road Rage, totally uncalled for. Especially frustrating if you are targeted.

RoyBGood likes this.
  5. RoyBGood

Piped music in banks! :mad: I couldn't believe it when I visited may local branch recently and was greeted by the 'nails on chalkboard' sound of Destiny's Child! How are customers and staff supposed to conduct error-free transactions while being so distracted? Ridiculous. And before anyone says 'complain to your bank', the poison pen letter's in the post!

Rowdyman and Toto'sDad like this.
  6. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

You've met Mrs Ricknbaker then?

tlsmack likes this.
  7. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

That's a truely awful ad. And it's a lie. The AA wouldn't come out to fix a spaceship. We tried calling then out to jump start a canal boat with a flat starter battery. They wouldnt come. Your vehicle has to have wheels.

RoyBGood likes this.
  8. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

People who give their kids ridiculous,trendy or exotic names no one can even remember in the hopes it will make their kid special. Or; even worse: People who give their kids last names for first names. HEY PEOPLE...Madison,Parker,Taylor & McKenzie are LAST NAMES!

Obnoxious TV commercials that use some form of rapcrap or hip hop to advertise. I boycott those products.

Bands that play the same garbage over & over. Real common around here; no one thinks outside the box. Southern rock,Tom Petty, Bob Seger. Sick & tired of that stuff.

FM radio

Women who say "play something we can dance to" at a gig.

Women who come up to me onstage & push the corners of their lips up with their fingers as if to say "You need to smile" WHY? I tell 'em "You try playing music in Florida & see if YOU smile"!

When you have a brand new car, and you drive over a freshly paved road, and hear gravel bouncing around in your wheel well for the next half a mile.

Clubowners that use the word "exposure" to get you to play for free. Hey man..."Expose THIS"!

Any pop song; especially the ones that use that "clap track".

Female singers that sound like they're on the bowl & constipated.

Car commercials that have the car speed towards the camera, then suddenly go to slo-mo, then speed up again to exit the scene.

Music videos. They change from scene to scene so quickly that you can't focus on anything.

Bro country. Being a pedal steel player, I find this garbage particularly offensive. Almost as bad as rap.

People that let their dogs bark uncontrollably, or let their kids carry on in restaurants. These people need to be slapped HARD.

People who hold up the grocery line buying a candy bar with a debit card that is either declined, or they don't know how to use it. I have gotten so mad at these people, & slapped down a five on the counter & said "I'LL pay for it" just so I can get outta there.

Southern accents.

9. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

I just thought of another while I was sat out here rolling a fag (Cigarette)
    Why did Rizla replace the green running out strip with a piece of paper that looks exactly like a regular paper but with no gum on it?

10. Kid Telecaster

Kid Telecaster TDPRI Member

I’d forgotten about the first name thing, it’s ridiculous. And worse when phonetically or brainlessly spelt, Tayla, Jaxon, etc. Hey dumbclux, you’re not naming a dog!

1955 and RoyBGood like this.
  11. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

People who write a check at the grocery store. It’s 2019. Get a debit card already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flathd likes this.
  12. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Dang Dickey, did the stormy weather give you swamp butt ? :)

13. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

Tires that leak air.

Piggy Stu likes this.
  14. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

15. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

What frustrates me is ignorance. Ignorance, not ignorance “of”. Ignorance “of” is usually excusable. Ignorance of some specific subject, quantum mechanics for instance, is different. We are all ignorant of subjects outside of our area of experience and expertise. Ignorance is generalized not knowing in the absence of any desire to add to ones limited knowledge. Ignorance limits ones ability to make rational judgments. Making rational judgements doesn’t mean you will agree with me. Rational judgements are made after carefully considering the available evidence. Many years ago I worked at a summer job with someone who was ignorant by choice. “My mind’s made up. Don’t try to confuse me with facts.” That’s what I’m talking about.

Mr Scallywag and Kid Telecaster like this.
  16. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Daylight savings time. Let's screw around with everyone's sleep schedule twice a year because some long dead office dwelling jackass wanted to have the illusion of control over the seasonal rotation of the earth.

Either leave it on daylight savings or standard time, I don't care, but whoever's still championing time change in 2019 can spring forward and kiss my...

17. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Meister

Anything involving sweat has the aggravation quotient multiplied many times.

18. verb boten

verb boten Tele-Meister

And when finished with you, they can move on to me, next in line. What a tremendous PITA. About the time my body is accustomed, the next change takes place.

stnmtthw likes this.
  19. Kid Telecaster

Kid Telecaster TDPRI Member

I had an ex wife who had all sorts of imaginary allergies and every time we went to a restaurant it took ages for her to cross examine the waitress on the contents of the menu items. Until finally, choice made.
    ‘Well, can I have the spaghetti bolognaise without the garlic? Or the onion. And maybe without so much Parmesan?’

Yeah, right babe. Chef makes up each and every order from scratch, starts by cutting up the tomato, then the onion, and so on. For each order’

Wanted to add,
    And spits in the food of those who think he has the time or inclination to do that.
    Never did

RoyBGood likes this.
  20. jackal

jackal Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Drivers who slow down when passing a semi. Why do you want to spend more time beside a truck?

telemnemonics and Rowdyman like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.