Dumb Stuff That Frustrates You

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

LOL,,:lol:

Blue Bill likes this.
  2. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

When people hold a cell phone straight up and attempt to take a photo of a wide group of people.

"Ooooh - slide together - you all don't fit in the picture!"

[​IMG]

telemnemonics likes this.
  3. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

How about USA tourists who leave the USA and believe that speaking English very loudly will cause them to be understood? This happens a lot on our scuba trips. Oh boy.

"I'd like to buy tonic....like for a vodka tonic"
    (blank stare received from local mom working the cash register)

"TONIC WATER - you know TONIC WATER...….VODKA TONIC. VODKA TONIC...….THE TONIC"
    (blank stare)

"Oh for crying out loud......TONIC!!!!! VODKA TONIC!!!!!!"

We were in a small market once (both wearing sunglasses). A man was being such an a**. My wife just started speaking to me in Italian. Don't look at us man!

Rowdyman, Toto'sDad, Deeve and 3 others like this.
  4. Mike R.

Mike R. TDPRI Member

Happened to me this past Sunday.

Driving up the street and turn the corner. My neighborhood, 25mph zone.

5 people walking abreast in the street, into the opposite lane. I approach thinking they will go single file or move over. I get nasty looks because I won't move into the next lane and go around them. Got the finger and called some pretty good names.

Jim622 and telemnemonics like this.
  5. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've long been curious about dumb use of smart phones.
    People show me horizontal pics on their phone held vertically, so the pic is tiny.
    Or watching youtube videos vertical and cropped. Why?
    Now and then I suggest they turn the phone so we can see the pic or video better.

Seems you can't fix stupid...

Kid Telecaster and studio1087 like this.
  6. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Guitar forums.

Ivorytooth and RoyBGood like this.
  7. telemnemonics

Yeah it seems Murican tourists that have become aware of this particular Muricanism are pre embarrassed about where they come from.
    My boss tells furriners she's from Canada when she travels abroad, to avoid the shame.
    My in laws kept shushing me when we went to Berlin for a couple of weeks, afraid I'd reveal their Muricanality.
    I'm hard of hearing so naturally a little louder that average, but I don't yell the same word repeatedly when furriners don't understand me.
    Despite their best efforts to not offend, they had befriended the owners of an Indian restaurant in Berlin and got free drinks sent often.
    As the were introducing us to the owners they asked if they were from Pakistan, and greatly offended the non Indian owners of the Indian restaurant, as I guess whatever their ethnicity, Pakistani isn't cool to them.

It's a complex world, and I have trouble understanding how in Murica of all places we can't just all get along, considering we're the most systematically diverse nation and based on that diversity, rather than on one ethnicity.

Yeah that little issue frustrates me a bit.

Jim622 likes this.
  8. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

My neighbor, who is a certified goofball, is retired (but he is younger than me). He fires up his riding mower at 6:30 on Mother’s Day evening, and proceeds to mow his grass. No one else in the whole town was mowing. Most people were on their patios trying to enjoy a peaceful evening.

I went over after he was done, and I read him the riot act.

I can maybe understand the guy who is only off work on Sundays or holidays, but a retired guy?

Another annoying thing he does is that he puts a full plastic trash bag in his burn barrel and burns it. There is a town ordinance against burning plastic, but apparently he doesn’t care. We get to smell the fumes if we are outside and the wind is blowing our way.

I often thought about putting 3 or 4 M-80s in his burn barrel, and give him a little surprise.
    Hmmm. I’ll have to see if he keeps the barrel covered.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  9. Kid Telecaster

Kid Telecaster TDPRI Member

Squirrels? Gives a whole new meaning to protected species :)

10. telemnemonics

I find products from China that are maybe OK for a couple of batches then complete garbage are pretty dumb and frustrating.

Six pack of socks and each is a different size.
    Screws so soft the heads strip with a fresh screwdriver.
    Toasters that melt the first time you make toast.
    Furniture with different length legs.
    Bathroom light fixtures with glass shades that fall right off.
    T shirts wider than long.

All this and more...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Tonight on the Salt Lake City news was a story of a young woman from Park City who was on a hike and came upon a young fawn that was down and obviously ill. She wasn't a vet but said she was very well trained in providing care to wild animals and also and had worked all over the world doing this. They showed pictures of her caring for tigers and other wild exotic animals. Anyway, the fawn died shortly after she brought it home. She called the Utah Department of Wildlife (or whatever they're called) and a guy came out and gave her a $400 citation and told her they would come out the next day to pick up the carcass.

12. WilburBufferson

WilburBufferson Tele-Afflicted

The never ending tension between being right and being happy.

P Thought, Deeve and Marc Morfei like this.
  13. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

Thought of another one. Well, two. And a half.

1. When you are about to click or tap the screen to select something, and the split instant as you do it, the whole screen shifts and you end up clicking on something else and taken to a parallel universe.
    2. When you click on some article or story, and a video starts playing instead. I don't want to watch your stupid video!
    3. Constant pop-ups: Download the app! Want a coupon? Join the club! Give us your email! Ya sure you don't want the app? Let's have a chat!

14. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have a winner. Leave it to a Canadian to display the greatest wisdom of us all. ;)

Deeve likes this.
  15. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

My wife does this literally every single time....

16. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Oh, no..it's gotta ding.... it's THE ding machine in the house, come on you can't deny the machine it's true purpose......:rolleyes::D

17. fatcat

fatcat Friend of Leo's

When persons ordering food have to ask 50 questions about the menu items and discuss how they may customize their order.

Dont they realize that behavior increases the chances of their order being wrong; possibly even on purpose.

Do they really think they are so special they deserve the extra consideration.

Don't they realize that you should never stand between me and my food.

I'll have a number 6.

Kid Telecaster and Marc Morfei like this.
  18. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Companies that take the piss out of customers by shamelessly squandering their money on lavish, self-aggrandising TV ads, like the one below. This would've cost a small fortune to produce (and air - it's on nearly every break in peak-time viewing) and has resulted in this customer - at least - going elsewhere, and saving 70% in the process.

fatcat likes this.
  19. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

Whenever you buy anything over the Internet or use a service, you get deluged with emails from them asking you to rate their service.

20. tlsmack

tlsmack Tele-Afflicted

People who read the entire label of each product they pick up, while their shopping cart blocks the aisle.

People who have their hand on the horn waiting for the instant the light turns green.

The Mets.

Rowdyman, Toto'sDad and Marc Morfei like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.