Dumb Stuff That Frustrates You

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

Standing in line at the ATM machine. It takes me literally like 20 seconds to get money out of the machine. You press a couple buttons, $100 comes out. Why does it take other people 10 entire minutes? What are they doing, applying for a mortgage, at the ATM machine?

Rowdyman, Piggy Stu, Shuster and 2 others like this.
  2. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

People that drive 50mph on a two lane road marked 70 when there's no passing...

Then, when it widens to a temporary extra lane they speed up to 80mph...

wtf?

3. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

everyday..i hear
    people don't know their year & model of car but want a price quote for car key

they don't stay at the car when we are meeting them there to unlock it

4. Yonatan

Yonatan Tele-Meister

When the package from AliExpress is wrapped in ten layers of packing tape! Why do they do that? Does the Chinese government subsidize packing tape?

5. black_doug

black_doug Tele-Afflicted

When I put gas in my car and the pump beeps every time I push a button and then what seems like a dozen times when I stop and the pump is ready.

Sheesh.

6. Kid Telecaster

Kid Telecaster TDPRI Member

At the checkout, in the queue, I have 5 items, I have already mentally calculated the total cost, got my notes and coins from billfold. I’m ready...

The woman in front of me has been shuffling up the same queue, 25 items in the Express Checkout queue (12 item limit) and THEN AND ONLY WHEN the items have been processed will she finally bring out her purse and fumble round for the money. And try to make correct change. ‘I should have ten cents in here. Somewhere...’

Happens every time.

Rowdyman and dazzaman like this.
  7. Kid Telecaster

Kid Telecaster TDPRI Member

I attached razor blades to my Bentley using gum, which worked well but the gum took the butler a whole lot longer to remove than the sunscreen.

LeicaBoss likes this.
  8. Blue

Blue Tele-Holic

People that don't know the difference between to and too.

omahaaudio likes this.
  9. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

and you can't see it because you ain't got your glasses on

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

In this day and age I'm not sure I have the time or inclination to list all of the dumb stuff that frustrates me but I can relate at least one that comes up often enough to cause me frustration.

All of my monthly income is deposited into two accounts I have debit cards for and use to cover all of my monthly expenses. These accounts are selected by the payor at their expense and as such have no control over routing numbers or account number other than the account number of the debit card itself.

Most accept payments from them that are automatic or otherwise with no problem. However several major payees will not accept them nor can I set up an auto pay for accounts with a fixed monthly amount without providing a bank routing number which of course I cannot do and it causes problems for me.

One issue are those who want to charge a significant additional fee for accepting payment via a debit card either online or via telephone. I refuse to do this so the alternative is to draw a USPS money order using this same card for which there is a small fee but far less than the payee wants to charge me.

Another issue is having to mail a payment via snail mail that will arrive after a due date which then requires battling to have the due date moved to allow for a mailed payment, having any past due fees expunged, and assuring the payment is not recorded as being late hurting my credit rating.

None of this makes any sense to me whatsoever. This is the 21st century and EFT is de rigueur.

Millions of people no longer use local bank accounts due to the fees involved if you don't keep a minimum balance or limit the number of transactions charged against that account. Direct deposit accounts with no fee save me well over two hundred dollars per year in fees I might otherwise pay for what I have now.

It's also a simplification for both myself and the payee since there will always be just one primary source from which a payment is received and always on the specified date. No payment is ever late or rejected for NSF and no one ever has to speak with me monthly to get paid.....easy, peasy or so you'd think.

Despite this simple option for timely payment some payees still will not get on board with it and I seem to go through monthly battles with them over why a payment due on the 3rd wasn't received 'til the 5th or the 7th since a holiday or a Sunday with no mail delivery interceded. In my world this is just plain dumb.

11. P Thought

Ctrl- C, V, Z, and X (copy, paste, restore, and delete/copy to clipboard, respectively) are my favorites. I use each of them 'way too often to ever stop and fish around with the mouse.

12. P Thought

Oops, forgot to put this

in my post above.

13. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Oh - that reminds me. People who pull up to the toll booth when getting off the turnpike, only to find they don't have their wallet. This weekend, coming home from my Mother's house, the person in front of me did not have any cash, and her credit card was denied. The toll booth operator was 10 minutes in, and starting to take her drivers license number and address when the person behind me walked up with her credit card and paid for her. I was trapped there and could not back out. 10 minutes feels like two hours when you are sitting in line in your car.

Now, maybe it's just me, but before I even get on the turnpike, I make sure I have the cash I need out and tucked in my visor so I don't have this problem. That way, if I forgot my wallet, I know beforehand.

A few months ago, I was right behind a guy that had to do a car search, then open his trunk and rifle through his suitcase to find his wallet to pay. I was resisting the urge to lay onto my car horn.

BTW - that is my superpower. Getting in the line that moves the slowest, and then having someone get in line right behind me so I am trapped there.

OK - that is not dumb stuff - that is just a frustration.

14. Jim622

Jim622 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Ah -oh give me a spelling ticket.

Piggy Stu and Yonatan like this.
  15. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

Oh, you mean people who don't know the difference?

16. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

I don't know why this bothers me as well, but it just does!

17. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Ya know what really bugs me? After taking a shower, your feet become like Spider-man feet. They stick to underwear and socks like flypaper. The more of a hurry you are in, the more grippy they get. I've actually ripped a sock in half trying to put it on. Or how 'bout when your toes get caught on your underwear and you just about take a nose dive.

18. Jim603

Jim603 Tele-Meister

Bicyclists who think they deserve all the rights of a car, but don't think they should have to obey the same rules.

Rowdyman, Toto'sDad, 1955 and 4 others like this.
  19. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I live out in fairly remote forest enjoying the serenity of nature. My neighbor, who lives about 2 miles away has a loud, high pitched beeper on his tractor that goes on when he is in reverse ... to warn who??? Ruins the ambience for me.

My wife's Jeep Wrangler has these plastic fasteners holding the skid plate that you slide in position then depress to lock into place. They are plastic and wear out making the skid plate rattle. To replace, you have to dig in with a flat bladed screwdriver to pop them open. This happens about every 25,000 miles. This is not in the Jeep's "Maintenence" chart.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  20. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Some days, the supply of available curse words, are insufficient to meet my demands,,,

Blue Bill, unixfish and Jim622 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.