Duets, what ya got?

Rick330man

Tele-Afflicted
Paul Weller and... the crowd..;)

The Jam have been one of my favorite bands - if not my outright favorite - for decades. The songs Weller penned over that period have left a lasting impression. It is great to see a current day crowd lock in step with him on a tune that's 40 years old. That says something.

But since this about duets, which I'll take the liberty of defining loosely, I think of the tunes he went back and forth on with Bruce Foxton supporting each other vocally - tunes like In the Street Today and Smithers-Jones, for example. And while I generally don't care for his Style Council material, Speak Like A Child may loosely qualify. It stands out to my ears as the best tune of his Style Council run.

Last edited:

Rick330man

Tele-Afflicted
Nothin' beats Stevie, Tom and Stop Dragging My Heart Around :cool:

A solid choice, but I propose the more current and equally excellent:

A personal favorite is Paul Simon's Under African Skies. Someone posted a version of Paul Simon performing it with Linda Ronstadt, but I've always thought this live version performed with Miriam Makeba was special.

Last edited:

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
Larkin Poe, consisting of sisters Megan and Rebecca Lovell, got started professionally at an early age as the Lovell Sisters, along with third sister Jessica (fiddle player). Megan, who now plays mostly guitar, was a mandolin prodigy at the time. Don't remember who the original Lakin Poe was, a grandfather or some such, I think.

Bonus track- the original Lovell sisters- it's not a duet, but it is really good;

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
Don't think this was posted yet- a lot of you probably know Mickey Baker forr his jazz guitar method books

edit- oops, it waws posted (courtesy Elihu), but you should listen to it anyway
Which for some reason reminds me of this video;

Last edited:

Skydog1010

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Allison & Vince

The Corrs

Leon & Ray

Brooks & Dunn

Oh mercy, so many artists and so many songs.

elihu

Doctor of Teleocity
It gets easier with practice. Or you could substitute the word "snooted" if that seems simpler.

You’re assuming many people spent enough time considering that one thread you posted to be snooty toward it.

I know sometimes I log in for just a few minutes as a mental vacation…sometimes just to listen to one song or read a few responses.