Dude tests Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster, holy !

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by RoCkstAr256, Jul 27, 2019.

1. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Holic

I can't help but feel a little intrigued. That sure sounds ok to me. The guitar shops of my 80's youth were littered with parts and pieces and scratched examples of these, and this breed of Fenders from the 70's. [sigh]

Everyone universally wrote them off as junk in those days, as I recall. Nice to see them picking up some steam.

As for the new WRHB's. I got a Fender '72 RI Earlier this year, with one in the neck. Before I even got it home and plugged it in, I was swapping out the pickups in my mind, magnetized pole pieces, blah, blah blah. At least the body and neck are cool, I thought.

That new WRHB in the neck sounds good. Really good. I had every intention of pulling it out, but just couldn't justify it- it sounds beautiful. Muddy? no way. Articulate? Light and receptive to dynamics- all day. Sounds great comping jazz. Sounds great loud. Now, I'd consider upgrading the neck itself before I touched that pickup- it's charmed me!

and
    jvin248 is totally right about adjusting pickups. And pots. Amazing the different stuff you can bring out of a single ride with just pots and a screwdriver.

Mine is not an un-discerning ear; I know a strat quack from my hints of peach and almond- but sometimes I wonder if I'm losing my hearing or something, maybe I've lost a step, it just makes me giggle how many regular people suddenly gain the ears of Brian Wilson when it comes to a neck pickup!

Let us grab our cheap guitars and play them well!

2. Volktar

Volktar TDPRI Member

I have liked these for a while and might have to pick one up while I save up for that 70s Guild Semi-Hollow Im really after...

Walnut would be the color for me! Im a big fan of dark brown guitars for whatever reason. I bet she'd fit in nicely somewhere on this wall.

Attached Files:

3. Volktar

Volktar TDPRI Member

4. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Holic

60 Cycle Hum Ryan is a cool dude. I sit on his live feeds. We have spoken to each other. Cool dude.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.