Dual Humbuckers

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by DMace, Jan 2, 2012.

1. DMace

DMace Friend of Leo's

Just had my first rehearsal since routing and installing a Duncan Pearly Gates HB in the bridge of one of my Tele's (already had a Seth Lover in the neck). Good god. What a sound. Wish I'd done it a lot sooner. Probably not the ideal instrument for your average country player, but for old school Rock (with a capital R) it is the shiznit. Plus, I have my '52RI with Stuart Blackguards for the rootsier material. Win/win.

2. stilesg57

stilesg57 Tele-Holic

Interesting. The Seth Lover is just about my favorite neck humbucker for ANY guitar, but I hadn't really thought about what a hot/vintage bucker might sound like in a Tele bridge. Cool to hear you like it.

3. GuitarJim

GuitarJim TDPRI Member

I have a Pearly Gates in the bridge position of my strat and love it. When I play it ;-). I am looking for a Tele with Humbuckers, just haven't found the right one yet.

JC

4. DMace

DMace Friend of Leo's

The two pickups seem to balance perfectly, oddly enough. I chose the PG because it's got a bit of 'squeal' to it, not unlike a Tele bridge, but also a fat midrange. The guitar definitely has a Zep II kind of thing going on, with a dash of Angus Young thrown in for good measure.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.