DRRI vs PRRI vs '68 Custom DR

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by supersoldier71, Aug 5, 2017.

1. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

My Peavey C50 is heavy, my Jet City 20w weighs about the same as the Mustang 3 I donated to my church, but doesn't really do clean tones.

Whichever amp I end up with should be <35lbs and work for informal jams and home recording.

Which, if any of the amps in the title would you select? Something else perhaps?

P.S. While I very much enjoy the sounds I get out of tweed Blues Jrs, they don't feel distinct enough from the amps I already own to justify the purchase.

2. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Afflicted

Well. Of those 3,i went with a DRRI. But mostly because I wanted cleans and something to take pedals better than my orange. I don't know what kind of sound you're looking for, but they're all good amps.

3. viccortes285

viccortes285 Tele-Afflicted

I went with 68 DR which took 3 before I got a good one with no hiss.

4. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's

While you wait for the conversation to start you may also choose to read some of the 1000 or so posts already camparing the 3 amps.
    Some of the dozens of youtube videos comparing them might be helpful. Its like chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. Which do you like?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.