DRRI vibrato

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Neill Levine, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Neill Levine

Neill Levine Tele-Meister

Hi all

I tried to do a search, but I couldn't find this exactly.:confused:

Love my DRRI and great sounding vibrato. The trouble is, when you aren't playing but have the vibrato engaged, it just pulses away, and it seems pretty loud when I'm playing at home solo. Is this the quirk of the circuit?
    I guess I'm hoping that others have encountered this.

My question too to people who have the same problem (if it is a problem) - if you're working and have the amp mic-ed up, does that pulsing sound come through the PA much? Or is it covered by drums etc.

Cheers

Neill

2. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It's.part of the noise floor of the amp and is completely masked by all the loud things on stage IME.

3. Leep Dog

Leep Dog Tele-Afflicted

Yeah when you're playing louder or with a band you won't notice it. However, I recently had my DRRI serviced and I'm not sure what the guy did, but the ticking is now barely noticeable at any volume.

4. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think this pulsing is different from the common ticking problem.. basically the noise floor of the amp is at some low volume x and the vibrato is pulsing between 0 and x

5. JayDee

JayDee Tele-Meister

I'm not sure if I understand the problem. Raising and lowering the signal is what it's supposed to do. There will be a "pulsing" in the noise floor when you're playing and when you're not playing. It'll be more or less noticeable depending on how you have the intensity set. Just click the footswitch off when you're not playing if it bothers you.

6. Neill Levine

Neill Levine Tele-Meister

Ah - I'll try to clarify if I can. If I have the vibrato engaged and play - beautiful. If I mute the strings or zero the guitar volume, the vibrato still 'pulses' or 'throbs' at the speed it is dialled to. When you play, you just don't hear it. If I can compare it to my 70's SF Princeton; in the same situation it is quiet. I do know that the circuit operates differently though. I don't know if I've made things clearer though!
    Cheers
    Neill

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.