Dream compositions

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Rob77, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Rob77

Rob77 Tele-Meister

Last night (or early morning) upon waking I remembered a dream where I composed a song with lyrics, vocals, harmonies, melody etc...that upon waking I remember saying to myself that was unbelievable, it was nothing like anything I can recall that I may heard before (though sub-consciously it could be a possibility).

Anyway, got ready for work, busy busy busy....and then cant remember jack. Im not that old to be so forgetful but i feel sense of lost opportunity. I know there are probably song writers that keep pen and paper next to their desk just for that reason.

Im no song writer, but upon wakening I remember the composition was so vivid and distinct that it made more sense than anything I've tried to write before.

So just wondering if anyone else has had inspiration from dream compositions that you wrote music from, especially want to know if it became a hit, or successful in your own way?

24 track likes this.
  2. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

I once wrote down lyrics i had in a dream. when i woke up they were totally meaningless.

Rob77 likes this.
  3. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Inspiration from dreams, yes.
    Nothing remarkable has come of it.

Rob77 likes this.
  4. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

I once had a dream that was like a trailer for a musical that I had written....

It was just getting started when I woke up, but I've never bothered to write the musical...

5. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

when the inspirations hit i have to write it down immediately or I will loose it , I had one day when 5 songs hit me at once music lyrics arrangements etc I plan to record them very soon

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.