Dreaded Receding Hair line...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LunarSlingShot, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

As someone who once sported a big long haired head of light brown hair, and a beard, (and wish I still could) (which is pointless) those of you who say they don't miss being able to grow same, in my opinion are just well, you know...

[​IMG]

Chunkocaster likes this.
  2. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Point well taken! When we're searching for love or lust, I suppose it's completely understandable to pass over someone with an obvious negative quality on your list. Using the word shallow in that case was probably irrational overreach.

But you asked how many guys idea of beauty is a woman with hair loss...and I can name at least one. My brother in law fell for a gal and immediately found out her eyelashes were fake, eyebrows drawn on and not a hair on her body. She has Alopecia, totally. She is a beautiful girl...she doesn't think so...but she's loving and kind and that really sealed the deal. He married her and adores her. So, I do know one guy who thinks beauty is a woman with hair loss.

I'm 65, married for 40 years and have many female friends I've known my whole life. They will confirm that a kind, loving man who makes them laugh, not just once in a while, but every day will be the man they want for the long run. Hair or no hair...

Fiesta Red and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

if you add up all the things in life, and find yourself obsessing over insubstantial things, consider yourself blessed that you don't have greater matters to stress over. life is pretty good if your biggest problem is losing some hair or not having a beard.

in the scheme of things, it means, you've reached a moment where you should pause and give thanks for the blessings you've received irregardless of what deity you may or may not beleive in.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

Old news for me since 18. I'm 67 and have a hot wife (married 46 years.) She has never said a thing about it. (I met her playing guitar.)

5. reckless toboggan

reckless toboggan Tele-Meister

I don't have to work out because I haven't lost my hair yet.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  6. magicfingers99

yet....

7. magicfingers99

what kind of guitar does she play?

Chunkocaster likes this.
  8. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

I was playing guitar at the skating rink. She was skating by.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  9. magicfingers99

what kind of skates were you wearing?

Chunkocaster likes this.
  10. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

Wheeless skates.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Who doesn't like options? Having no hair leaves you with very few options in how to change your appearance or style. I know I will be bald in the coming years and as someone who likes their current hairstyle and doesn't want to be forced into changing it I find that unsettling and annoying.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  12. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

It happened to me in my 30's, and I was horrified at first. Now I don't care.
    Like everyone says, just stop worrying about it, keep your hair short. Easier said than done, but that's your answer.
    Women like confidence more than beautiful hair on a guy. If you remain confident in spite of it, it indicates turbo confidence.

13. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I did not say I was agonizing over a beard and or long hair, I still sport a goatee, (all white) and a full head of (all white) hair, but I would be lying if I said I didn't prefer being a young sport with a good head of hair, and a body that never tired. I AM thankful for the long life that my wife and I have enjoyed together, we've been together almost twice as long as were old when we got married. She might be kind enough not to express it, but I'm sure she would rather have the big strong TD from nearly fifty four years ago, than the worn out old fizzle I am today. Still, I'm standing on the topside of the earth for which I am indeed thankful.

magicfingers99 likes this.
  14. magicfingers99

wasn't intending to single you out per se, just saying we shouldn't let things get out of perspective, in the larger scheme of things in our life, hair is rather trivial. life is change, change is life, its the order of things, go with the flow, I was born toothless and bald, but things got better....

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Toto'sDad likes this.
  16. tele_savales

tele_savales Tele-Meister

Do yourself a favor and get it over with. Chicks dig it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.