Dreaded Receding Hair line...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LunarSlingShot, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

:lol::lol::lol:

To the OP, eh, it happens. I went from this:

1929722_10047457004_2649_n.jpg

To this:

1929722_10047467004_3339_n.jpg

And found her long after looking like this:

14141709_10153889364702005_6543211798096378223_n.jpg

:cool:

Fiesta Red, nojazzhere, DonM and 4 others like this.
  2. SPECTRUM001

SPECTRUM001 TDPRI Member

I started to notice some thinning when I was around 35, and now, twenty years later it is really starting to go.

My wife talked about transplants, implants etc, however I feel determined to let nature take its course. I give it about another year before I will have to go very short - oh well...

A friend from schooldays lost his hair when we were both 17, and has worn a hat ever since. The lucky guy has spent the last 35 years travelling the world as a top concert sound tech - with his hat...and never had an issue.

I just read an interview with Moby (who lost his hair relatively young), who said he was great friends with Bowie - who used to tease him that ‘you may well write great songs Moby, but you will never have hair as good as mine’ !!!

I love that Moby can see the funny side. I guess spending ten years taking loads of drugs and shagging around helped prove to him it didn’t matter too much !

Chunkocaster likes this.
  3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Your friends don't care diddly whether you have a flowing mop or a splendid, hairless globe. If they do they aren't your friends. Guys who don't know you that meet you for the first time won't give your hair a single thought either.

Now, as far as women, I've definitely known some that wouldn't consider a bald man. Well, that's fine because who knows how shallow that thinking will reach into the rest of a relationship?

And once again, if you already have a woman that loves you...don't worry a bit. Most women (actually most people) are compassionate about something that's as important to a man's identity as his head of hair and will do and say whatever they can to help him forget about it.

So, if a woman leaves you because of your hair or lack of it...she didn't love YOU...she loved the image of you.

4pickupguy likes this.
  4. eallen

eallen Tele-Afflicted

Many guys, like myself, start loosing their hair about 40 years old. After 13 years a Dr. tells me that it usually starts at 40 because guys start taking statins for cholesterol at about 40. Statins drop testosterone. Bang, hair starts going, Dr. never told you the side effects, and you no idea why you're becoming a cue ball!

Eric

5. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

Looks better in the right picture. Don't worry about it.

6. 6stringcowboy

6stringcowboy Tele-Afflicted

May this be the worst thing you have to worry about for many many years.

7. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Meister

honestly, I wanted to cry for a bit. lol

Chunkocaster and LunarSlingShot like this.
  8. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Your ears, your back, and other ungodly places that you don’t even want to think about...

9. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Tele-Meister

Yeah, it doesn't really disappear, it just migrates to other parts...mine moved away a long time ago. I was bothered for a little while, I think, but it's all ancient history now.

My kids are old enough that it's happening/happened to them too. My middle son is a great Jason Statham lookalike at the moment :)

Frodebro and Marquee Moon like this.
  10. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

It's only hair.

magicfingers99 and GGardner like this.
  11. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Like Tom Petty said, "The Waiting is the Hardest Part."

Once it's gone, it's not so bad.

12. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

Nah. You look cool. And you're absolutely right--the fiesta red/rosewood tele looks perfect.

LunarSlingShot likes this.
  13. fenderrookie

fenderrookie A fan of Leo!

Adopt a cool hat

14. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Careful about taking advice here. I was told to do a comb-over and wear suspenders. Sheesh, little did I know they were all joking! I really did it. Oh, and I bought a 3 wolf moon shirt.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  15. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Tele-Meister

Thank you! I love this guitar. It’s me

GGardner likes this.
  16. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Tele-Afflicted

The Barber who used to cut my hair when I was a teen gave me a free haircut just before I started my National service at 22years old. He said by the time you finish your 2 years wearing a beret you'll be bald. Well I ended up signing on for 9 years as a regular hardened trained to kill soldier. And when I got demobbed my hair was pretty thin on top but it didn't worry me, in fact it was then I decided to shave my head and that's how its been for the last 45 odd years and to be honest I'd hate to have a hairy head again. Just think of the cost of shampoo and conditioner I've saved, also I don't have to buy combs or visit hair dressers.. S

17. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

"But when it goes it's gone gone"

- Springsteen "When You're Alone"

18. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

My hairdresser told me I was thinning out when I was 21. That was nearly 30 years ago and I still have hair that doesn't look thin unless it's wet or under lights. Not counting the back because I cant see that.

You should be good for at least another decade. Just try and make best use of your hair while you still have it. Enjoy your time together and make the most of it.:)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    LunarSlingShot likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I think worrying about the hair on your head is kind of like worrying about the hair on your arms. If you live long enough, it will turn white, and for most it will fall out. I had a lot of hair as a young man, I still have quite a lot of hair for an old man, but I don't worry about it. I know I'm nearing the age where it will probably fall out. My neighbor down the street had a full head of hair three years ago, now it's gone. I can't tell much difference if any in him at all, I guess he either doesn't care, or hasn't noticed it, either is possible at our age.

4pickupguy likes this.
  20. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

BTW, my hair is white now, but I can't think of anything that looks any goofier than an old man with coal black hair, or shoe polish head brown hair. I worked with a guy who about once every six months or so would die his hair and mustache jet black. Then he would let it all turn white again. When he had the black hair, he looked kind of like an old car that had been spray painted with those little cans you shake with a rattle in them to make the paint come out.

Chunkocaster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.