Draining the pool

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Our pool needs some work so we’re draining it. 13,500 gallons down the road and about $1,300 worth of water to fill it back up. Put about $5,000 for the repairs on top and it’s a big “owie” this time of the year.

It’s needed but at least we are out of pool season.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Our pool needs some work so we’re draining it. 13,500 gallons down the road and about $1,300 worth of water to fill it back up. Put about $5,000 for the repairs on top and it’s a big “owie” this time of the year.

It’s needed but at least we are out of pool season.
😢I hear ya. I'm gonna have to do it soon. Hope it only costs $1300 to replace the water here in SoCal. We're in a major drought the last couple years. Maybe when I get the bill my tears will help fill the pool.😭

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I was going to post "first world problems", but I decided not to.
often in these situations discretion is the better part of valor
however I also tend to snicker a little when people are discussing the inconveninances of being wealthy.

heck i do it myself with the ridiculous amount of guitars I own
(neither bragging nor complaining, for the record)

VWAmTele

Friend of Leo's
Just had a 10,000 gallon pool drained and refinished. Refinishing cost twice as much as when I last had it done in 2005, but the water refill was only $100. BTW - the pool guy says to drain your pool twice a year... yeah, right.

radtz

Tele-Afflicted
You obviously don’t have a pool or have to do home repairs.
Yep, a first world problem. It’s my problem and I accept it. Come April or May it’ll be nice to play in a nice refurbed pool.
I've been a home owner since the 1990's. I may be a bit jealous of pool issues when I look outside and see snow and a bit jealous of someone living in USVI. However, I won't admit to that or post that either.

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
I'm glad we don't have a pool. Sounds like a pain.
every time I think about getting one, I read things like this. It would be even worse repair bills here in the frozen midwest.

But, I'm glad @stxrus and @Maguchi live in warmer climates and enjoy them. They can tell me about all of the money they are not paying for heating costs that I do.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Mine is 1/2 empty. Was backwashing and forgot. I have decided to drain it and refill it. I seriously thought about filling it with dirt. Big pain, big cost. Still in the summer it is nice and good exercise. We resurfaced it several times over the. Years. Always a sticker shock.

'64 Tele

Tele-Afflicted
I used to refer to our in ground pool at previous house as a hole in the ground to throw money into.......

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
every time I think about getting one, I read things like this. It would be even worse repair bills here in the frozen midwest.

But, I'm glad @stxrus and @Maguchi live in warmer climates and enjoy them. They can tell me about all of the money they are not paying for heating costs that I do.
Yes, it's a trade off for sure.
While there are many swimming pools in Southern California, there was a time when they were converted to skateboard arenas!

It's a lot like converting a perfectly good Tele and morphing it into a 3 pup or even worster, double humbuckers!

Pool maintenance sucks.
But so does shoveling snow. Thanks.

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
My pool is about 13,000 gallons and it cost about $100 to refill. I don’t do it every year because I use a salt water generator.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Yeah - the days of me saying “Skate it for a week or two before the contractor gets there !” are over , as I always assume everyone is as old and broken as I am ! 🤣

Still, if it has nice (any) transition and good coping maybe snap a pic when it’s empty and we can carve imaginary lines !

Shralp !