Dracula (1931) most anticlimactic movie ever?/ Terrible movie endings

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
That's one I need to rewatch. I haven't seen it again since the theater.
I'm trying to remember if I've even seen Magnolia, start-to-finish, as I catch in Channel surfing...

I know it's a series of separate story lines that come together at the end- and ' Bookman' from Seinfeld plays a kids Quiz Game Show host.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I'm trying to remember if I've even seen Magnolia, start-to-finish, as I catch in Channel surfing...

I know it's a series of separate story lines that come together at the end- and ' Bookman' from Seinfeld plays a kids Quiz Game Show host.

FWIW, I really liked it at the time, though it's definitely a movie where you have to meditate on the different elements of the film to 'get' it. I don't remember much else.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
"No Country for Old Men" is the ultimate crap ending IMO. That movie starts great then just pukes on itself and then lets it soak in.
I think the writers for the series "The Old Man" must have stolen the ending from... Wait a minute maybe they're the same guys! In no country for old men, Josh Bolin's character doesn't even get to die on screen, sheesh.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Ha! That’s pretty good

My mother let me watch jaws when I was about five or so, dad didn’t think it was a good idea but mom won on that one

I didn’t want to take a bath or even use the toilet

You know…

Because a shark can totally get into those places…water or something…
And don’t forget rodents and snakes, really!

trandy9850

Tele-Meister
Ad Free Member
I haven't been able to comfortably swim in open bodies of water since I saw JAWS as a kid.

I love old black and white movies. I have all those Universal Studios monster movies on DVD collections. That and Twilight Zone is good stuff.
True story: When I was on the road in the 70’s we were playing in Columbus, Ohio and decided to go see Jaws one afternoon….scared the crap out of me and I haven’t swam in the ocean since then….when I was coming out of the theatre I saw these two guys commenting loudly about how terrifying the movie was and them both swearing they were never going near the ocean again….it was The Hagers…the twin brothers who starred on Hee-Haw.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
One time when I was back in Alabama on a visit when I was around fourteen or fifteen, my cousin sent me and her little brother-in-law who was a couple of years older than me to the movies. We watched a were wolf movie and had to walk home through kind of vine tangled woods, called Simpson's Holler.

When we got to walking through there, I told him about a kid I went to school with who was a werewolf out in California. I told him they were petty common where I went to school at. Then I told him that the one I knew bit me about a month before I came to Alabama. The I started growling in my throat, like I couldn't stop. That poor boy nearly ran himself to death and banged himself up falling and getting up and running again. My cousin almost gave me a whipping when we got home, and he told her what happened. That kid was done with me after that. ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
That's the exact moment where the movie wraps itself around a telephone pole and dies a gruesome death.
What's bad is they have sucked you into the character's role from the very beginning, then they dispatch him like they absent mindedly slapped a passing fly. Even worse, they only TOLD you about slapping the passing fly! Must have been running short of film that day.

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
Not a movie but .... The Sopranos ending made me cancel HBO.

I'm a big Sopranos fan. Over the years I've read Chase's opinions on the end... Guy is the worst, "Tony died, for sure." 2 years later, "mmm, not sure. Maybe he lived." Little while after that, "no, he definitely died."

He lived, he died, he lived, he died... WHATEVER. You wrote a terrible ending and you've beaten it to death and I no longer care one way or the other. Just shut up already. Lol

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
True story: When I was on the road in the 70’s we were playing in Columbus, Ohio and decided to go see Jaws one afternoon….scared the crap out of me and I haven’t swam in the ocean since then….when I was coming out of the theatre I saw these two guys commenting loudly about how terrifying the movie was and them both swearing they were never going near the ocean again….it was The Hagers…the twin brothers who starred on Hee-Haw.

Yep. I have no problems going into the ocean and swimming, I do it several times a year in fact, but ever since that movie I've always "thought" about it when I go in ;) LOL!!! As for goofy endings, I always thought the ending of Jaws was kinda dumb. I mean, here's 2 guys that just had the fight of their lives for days on end, over a fish that they've blown up and thereby chumming the water for 100's of other sharks to come into the area, and their plan is to grab a couple of barrels and lock arms, and kick swim their way to shore... that's 2 miles away? Right ;)

But... to put it in Spielberg's words when asked about that ending "Well... if I've got you hooked for 2 hours, you'll believe anything I tell you in the last 2 minutes" :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Yep. I have no problems going into the ocean and swimming, I do it several times a year in fact, but ever since that movie I've always "thought" about it when I go in ;) LOL!!! As for goofy endings, I always thought the ending of Jaws was kinda dumb. I mean, here's 2 guys that just had the fight of their lives for days on end, over a fish that they've blown up and thereby chumming the water for 100's of other sharks to come into the area, and their plan is to grab a couple of barrels and lock arms, and kick swim their way to shore... that's 2 miles away? Right ;)

But... to put it in Spielberg's words when asked about that ending "Well... if I've got you hooked for 2 hours, you'll believe anything I tell you in the last 2 minutes" :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:
Not to mention chief brodys oncoming DT’s…

I’ve always had the same thoughts

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
Just came across this online and thought some of you would have a laugh. Ties in with the horror movie theme...

20220813_220047.png

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
I once had to wrangle a black snake about four foot long or so from my mothers bathtub

No clue how it got there

Doubt it came through any pipes though
In N Texas my aunt & uncle lived on the lake on Lake Worth. They quite often got scorpions in their tubs. It could be disconcerting to be taking a shower and a 2” scorpion swims the trap and comes up the open drain. Put a replacement screen on your drain made sense but they liked open drains in the showers. Less hair to remove so life was suddenly easier.

I have a client that had a large Brown Norwegian Rat in their toilet one night. The lid was down so the rat couldn’t get out of the bowl.
Several flushings later the rat was down the drain and did not come back. I got the call about a backed up bathroom a couple of days later.

I did retrieve part of the rat and all the water went down and the drain was cleared.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
The Holy Grail's ending had me seriously angry. Stupid ending. I had just barely escaped death-by-laughter...and then...that ending. :mad:

Traumatized, I never saw the end of "The Crawling Eye". I hid behind the couch.