Dracula (1931) most anticlimactic movie ever?/ Terrible movie endings

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
I’m saying this with all due respect and I love the movie

But….

Dracula has to be the most anticlimactic movie EVER

“Oh no the sun is coming up better get into bed” Dracula (in full view of van helsing)

Dracula climes into coffin/van helsing sees Dracula clime into coffin

Van helsing opens coffin and slays Dracula

THE END

For someone that had been alive for hundreds of years you’d think he’d have a better plan

Any other terrible movie endings?

Last edited:

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
I know I have the seen the '31 Bella Legosi film at some point but I don't recall anything about it other than the image of Legosi.
The first Dracula movie I really recall is the "Horror of Dracula" with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Scared the living crap out of me at 9 years old.
That’s what got me thinking about it, “horror of Dracula” is on right now for Saturday night’s svengoolie movie

burntfrijoles

Doctor of Teleocity
That’s what got me thinking about it, “horror of Dracula” is on right now for Saturday night’s svengoolie movie
Yikes. I should watch it but it might bring back my childhood trauma about Dracula. I know he's the prince of darkness but I used to think of all of my daughters boyfriends as the "prince of darkness"..

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Yikes. I should watch it but it might bring back my childhood trauma about Dracula. I know he's the prince of darkness but I used to think of all of my daughters boyfriends as the "prince of darkness"..
Ha! That’s pretty good

My mother let me watch jaws when I was about five or so, dad didn’t think it was a good idea but mom won on that one

I didn’t want to take a bath or even use the toilet

You know…

Because a shark can totally get into those places…water or something…

Tarkus60

Tele-Afflicted
As a kid in the 60's we were fascinated with all them. I was a wolfman fan....creature from the black lagoon was next.
Dark Shadow's was our vampire show....
But Bela Lagosi is the one!!!!!!!
I think there should be a new thread on ....The Fly .....that gave me nightmares.

burntfrijoles

Doctor of Teleocity
Ha! That’s pretty good

My mother let me watch jaws when I was about five or so, dad didn’t think it was a good idea but mom won on that one

I didn’t want to take a bath or even use the toilet

You know…

Because a shark can totally get into those places…water or something…
I was that way after I saw the original Psycho with Janet Leigh and Anthony Perkins. No way I was taking a bath and getting stabbed to death by a crazy dude who thinks he is his dead mother.
And by the way, Sharks (or alligators) can definitely attack you out of the plumbing. I read it on Facebook. I hear Jaws music playing now.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
As a kid in the 60's we were fascinated with all them. I was a wolfman fan....creature from the black lagoon was next.
Dark Shadow's was our vampire show....
But Bela Lagosi is the one!!!!!!!
I think there should be a new thread on ....The Fly .....that gave me nightmares.
I guess my the thread should have been “what movie scarred you during your childhood”

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
"No Country for Old Men" is the ultimate crap ending IMO. That movie starts great then just pukes on itself and then lets it soak in.
I agree, and we ( wife and I) are always catching it on HBO, and watch...Still don't know what's going on at the end ( hope he didn't kill the wife)
- me stupid?

Also, I swear I don't think I understand one line of Tommy Lee Jone's dialogue in the movie ( and I like this actor)

But I still watch it

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
AccomplishedPleasantHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
I haven't been able to comfortably swim in open bodies of water since I saw JAWS as a kid.

I love old black and white movies. I have all those Universal Studios monster movies on DVD collections. That and Twilight Zone is good stuff.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
The funny thing about Jaws is that when I was a teen in the 90s a huge shark swam right past me and could easily have eaten me. It was definitely more than 10 feet long, I'd guess closer to 15. My young sister and the girl I was with ran in terror (we were 100 yards out, so they would have been shark food if it was hungry), but I had a moment of clarity that running was useless, so I just watched it swim by.