Dr. Strange...should I go see it?

maxvintage

Poster Extraordinaire
IMHO "Multiverse" plots are like time travel and "amnesia" plots: what you do when you are out of ideas

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member

I'd suggest seeing the second of these two movies based on these reviews.

My son and his friends saw Dr Strange last weekend and they were unimpressed. It's not quite bad enough to be a campy B-movie hit ... and the 'horror director' input seemed to be focused on gross mutilation deaths that made them wonder how it got a PG-13 rating (they are all adults but they wondered, they guessed there was not too much swearing...).

I second the recommendation for "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once". You'll never look at an Everything Bagel the same way.

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
you should probably get caught up on the Strange storyline in the new Disney/Marvel world first. At the very least this ties in to Wanda/Vision and the Dr. Strange “What If?” animated episode. Possible the Spider-Man multiverse stuff too.

This has spoilers but breaks it down pretty well I think:
I’ve seen most of the theatrical movies and Netflix shows but I don’t have Disney plus, and i was kind of annoyed that this movie expected me to have watched all of that stuff.

I think marvel movies are headed towards their comics problem of locking people out who haven’t committed all of the hours on all of the material.

That being said, it’s fun, and it feels a lot like vintage Sam raimi in parts.

Some of the super psychedelic cosmic stuff looks better than in the first one because cgi has gotten better in the last five years.

ellielo

TDPRI Member
Watch first part at home and then you will see if you want to watch the rest or no. If you buy yourself a firestick and download few good apps you will be able to stream all those things from home too. Here is a way to set it up for the first time even if you are not a techie.

Last edited: