Doubling, Tripling Up On Your Favorite Pedals

bluesholyman

Friend of Leo's
Does anyone here understand were I'm coming from?
I know what I love. I don't want to go through anymore learning curves. Maybe there are new pedals that equal or beat what I'm looking for, (although I doubt it). I don't care. I want what I love on my pedal board forever.

I have a couple I have done this with, mostly because they were limited runs and I liked how they sounded over others:

MXR Brown Acid Fuzz - suppose to be a bass fuzz, I love it on guitar - only 150 made - I have two.

Nobels ODR-1 Ltd Ed - to me, it sounds better than a normal one, although its not suppose to be. I have two.

Ii think most pedals could honestly be repaired back to working condition, except maybe for that diode, op-amp, or transistor that was/is special and no longer made. The newer surface mount stuff, as opposed to older through-hole designs, not so much.

I had a Coppersound FoxCatcher that I loved, switches went wonky, had it repaired by the company and they told me it would be a new board, but should be no different sonically. Played it for 10 minutes after it came back and sold it - just wasn't the same, although it was close - the "magic" was gone. I was bummed. Coppersound makes great stuff, not mad, but you know, it wasn't the same thing I loved before.

I probably have one or two other duplicates I can't remember off-hand.

Charlie Bernstein

Doctor of Teleocity
Doublng and tripling? Not on a bet. One of each, thanks.

I know some people stomp their pedals into early graves, but I'm careful enough with mine. So if a pedal goes bad, it's not my fault, and I'm not going to repeat the mistake.

JustABluesGuy

Friend of Leo's
I have a couple of Boss DS-1s.

My first came with several other pedals inside a Boss BCB-60 pedalboard (my best ever pawnshop score!) and went immediately into storage. Later, I actually tried it and liked it, so when one showed up for $20 at a pawn shop, I couldn’t just leave it there!

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Nope, I don’t get it.
good! you have been spared , you should see Neal Youngs collection of old tweed amps, their a photo of all those old frigging tweeds on display, there hundred all the old tweed beauty the way the color of the tweed changes with ago, at current vintage prices if he sold of just that collection , he could pay off the National debt of Australia, New Zealand and Newark New Jersey.
Count yourself blessed .
I have two Digitech GSP 1101 rack mount units and two rack mount Line 6 Pro Delays the rack mount version of the classic Green delay pedals with a lot more functions.
none of my pedals go on the floor, everything is at waist height, up where the gods of electrical slights of hand wanted them in the first place.

KC

Poster Extraordinaire
I bought a second Tchula just because I use one all the time & didn't want to go without if #1 went west. Lovepedal seems to be riding a fine line between existence & nonexistence. The new one is a Red Moon and it doesn't sound exactly like my original gold one but close enough. I guess I have about four of the Tim variants, too -- a Tim v3, a Timmy, a big box Amp 11 and a small box Amp 11 -- but they all sound different.

thunderbyrd

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
because i have a Robin Trower fetish, i have accumulated a bunch of Fulltone pedals. and now Fulltone has gone out of business. but i think i'll be fine because - i'll tell you a secret - Fulltone pedals sound good, but my experience is that they aren't all that dependable. so as these go up in price, i'll gladly let go of them. except for my clyde deluxe wah. i guess i should have doubled up on them, but there's so many great pedals out there.