1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Double Overdrives

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by GuitarsBuicks, Jan 20, 2021.

1. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

Welp, I haven’t had much luck in the past with double dirt pedals, but I went ahead and bought a ZVEX Double Rock.

I’ve had a Distortron for years that I love. The power jack needs repair so I thought ‘what the hell’ and got the Double Rock, which is 2 Distortrons and 2 SHOs in a single enclosure, and you can dictate the order. Im not in love with the graphics, but I’ve got a good feeling about this one.

Attached Files:

2. JesterR

JesterR Tele-Afflicted

Long time user of Catalinbread Galileo mk1. Vox-in-a-box and Treble booster. Works pretty nice together, however, not always as good with other pedals. However, Way Huge Conspiracy Theory works nice with it.

Also, got Way Huge Camel Toe in December. Nice "old school" pedal. Bulky, but fun to play. Both Series and Parallel modes works nice, however, I prefer Series. I found Red Llama part a bit mid-scooped with my Tele and Strats, so better way to use it as some extra saturation for Green Rhino part.

And, finally, got double pedal from local builder, which I've got recently. One part based on Benson Preamp, and second one on PoT. And I pretty impressed with "Benson" part. "Transparent" and a lot of clarity. "PoT" part is old trusty tone.

[​IMG]

D_Malone likes this.
  3. RockinforJesus

RockinforJesus Tele-Meister

2B49F108-5D59-4B2E-865D-F0110C0C6261.jpeg Okay, there always is at least one in the group...
    I prefer to stack 2 individual pedals. It gives you more flexibility in the case where one side of a dual OD is total fire, while the other is..., well, meh.
    Here’s my current setup. The Morning Glory has an external switch to change gain levels, and the OCD has LP/HP mode so it is almost like having 4 OD’s. The Spark boost comes after the drives so it is setup as a volume boost, but if I run it before, it can be used as a kick in the pants to the drives too.
    Never was a fan of the Swiss Army knife. Find something that works well for what it is. Just my $.02.

4. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

I’ve had a few. I like that it only takes up one 9v plug instead of two on your board, that’s the big plus for me.

My favorite has been a Mojo Hand Odessa, setup as a blues breaker type and then sort of an OCD-style sound for stage two. Very flexible pedal with voicing switches.

5. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

I own an 'old' big box Direct Drive, and I owned an LTD ( gave it to a buddy, as I owed him $$, didn't have it, so gave him the pedal!)

I forgot all the variations of their pedals Barber used to make, before they kind of streamlined everything.
    The DD/DC,LTD SR, Half Gainer, unLimiTeD...

(I'm in DC-area NoVa and have kind of followed Barber, since GP magazine first reviewed the DD, swore I'd get one when I got the $$- they are in York/Lancaster PA area, not too far)

dburns likes this.
  6. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

I have a stock, plain Boss SD-1 and a stock, plain DS-1 that I used to run together and I always thought it would be a fun project to get them into a single box.

Are any of these listed or anything out there close to these circuits together?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.