Double Neck 12/6 EDS 1275 Jimmy P Tribute Build

Captain Nutslot

Friend of Leo's
Greetings folks. You know the guitar.
If you don't, here it is

jimmy-page-1.jpg

I'll be giving this my best shot using locally sourced lumber save for the pre slotted rosewood fretboards from Stew Mac. I've made some progress on the neck and body blanks, templates and inlays. This build is not to be an exact replica but as cool a tribute as I can manage. All parts are on hand!
I have more questions than answers at this point. Any info on wiring, etchings of control cavities, inlay alignment tricks etc. etc. are awarded with great wild praise. I've read that Jimmy's guitar had the neck selector and pick up selectors in swapped position from the factory standards. I don't know that I'll attempt that. It would be better that way so you're not accidently switching between necks when ya get to strumming.
Here goes nuthin...let's get it!
I'm switching over to my phone now to bring us up to date with some pictures.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
Looks like you're off to a great start.
I'm building an SG right now and am finding that pretty challenging.
A couple of years ago I put together one of those $225 Ebay 1275 kits. It seemed and looked pretty accurate.

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
Nothing personal,but to a 12 string lover like me that is the fugliest headstock of all time lol.But just like an interstate wreck I can't look away :lol:. I'll be following with great interest as this was part of my formative years. Best of luck unto you,and hoping you have a strong back :)

Dave

Captain Nutslot

Friend of Leo's
Nothing personal,but to a 12 string lover like me that is the fugliest headstock of all time lol.But just like an interstate wreck I can't look away :lol:. I'll be following with great interest as this was part of my formative years. Best of luck unto you,and hoping you have a strong back :)

Dave
Thanks Mr. Dave lol that's funny
Great start and best of luck - I am impressed.
Thanks!

Captain Nutslot

Friend of Leo's
Looks like you're off to a great start.
I'm building an SG right now and am finding that pretty challenging.
A couple of years ago I put together one of those $225 Ebay 1275 kits. It seemed and looked pretty accurate.
Thanks man! Your build rocks, I'm keeping an eye on that for sure :)
Curious, do you recall if your double neck had a dpdt 3 way toggle for pickup selection? If it does and you had pics of that...ooooh man! lol

That's quite an ambitious project young man. There's nothing fugly about any Gibson design...except maybe the Corvus….:)

lol thanks... you said "the Corvus"

Excellent stuff Captain !!
Gibson goons will be grinding their teeth looking at them headstocks

Thanks!
Maybe so, maybe not ;)
I'm waiting
pc.gif

giphy.gif