Dopesick on Hulu (Disney+ in Canada)

Poster Extraordinaire
Tramadol was very helpful to me for a few weeks in 2007 when I tweaked my back. That and the corticosteroids of course.

Metaxalone (I developed the analytical method for that, too) works great for back spasms.

Reactions: BB

catdaddy

Tele-Afflicted
As a pharmacist (retired) I watched the series with great interest. I saw things happening in my practice, in journals and in patients during the time that the series takes place that made little or no sense to me at that time. Now in the context of the actions of Purdue Pharma, the FDA and the DEA as presented in 'Dopesick' the reasons for those things that I witnessed became perfectly clear. It's a great series, likely to win some awards and should be required viewing for everybody in the world where Oxycontin was being marketed.

Last edited:

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Seriously? That's on Disney? I spent my entire career in pharma. If you've ever taken an opioid, chances are I developed the qc method to release it. The USP compendium method for methadone was mine for 10 years. I went on to be a manufacturing engineer and developed tablet presses to spit out 7200 tablets per minute. We made 5 billion doses per year.

You're welcome.

Okay . . . . . but can you play the lead for Stairway to Heaven?

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
As a pharmacist (retired) I watched the series with great interest. I saw things happening in my practice, in journals and in patients during the time that the series takes place that made little or no sense to me at that time. Now in the context of the actions of Purdue Pharma, the FDA and the DEA as presented in 'Dopesick' the reasons for those things that I witnessed became perfectly clear. It's a great series, likely to win some awards and should be required viewing for everybody in the world where Oxycontin was being marketed.
Appears there was corruption at the highest levels.

bigbean

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Dopesick is very well made. My wife recommended it to me. I told her I would watch it when she said that Michael Keaton had made it. Michael Keaton to me has the same relationship with his work as Gene Hackman did. He isn't going to be on board with anything that isn't interesting to him and it has to be very likely to yield a high quality product. Whether is is drama or comedy it will be good stuff.

This is good stuff.

zimbo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I thought it was fantastic. Interesting that Purdue is in the news. They're still trying to get charges against the family members.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Dopesick is very well made. My wife recommended it to me. I told her I would watch it when she said that Michael Keaton had made it. Michael Keaton to me has the same relationship with his work as Gene Hackman did. He isn't going to be on board with anything that isn't interesting to him and it has to be very likely to yield a high quality product. Whether is is drama or comedy it will be good stuff.

This is good stuff.
Glad to see some Keaton love, and I hadn't considered the similarity to Hackman. Solid.

Honestly haven't seen anything he's done in a while, so I'm gonna watch this for that reason alone, but any longtime fan remembers him in "Clean and Sober," a really brutal flick which I guess sort of prefigured this one in ways. Early dramatic role for him as I recall.

bigbean

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Glad to see some Keaton love, and I hadn't considered the similarity to Hackman. Solid.

Honestly haven't seen anything he's done in a while, so I'm gonna watch this for that reason alone, but any longtime fan remembers him in "Clean and Sober," a really brutal flick which I guess sort of prefigured this one in ways. Early dramatic role for him as I recall.

I remember that role as well. A very powerful movie. I think he has made a commitment to using his acting to illuminate the damage caused by addiction.