1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Doomsday Bunkers???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by KCLefty, Mar 18, 2012.

1. voodoo_idol

voodoo_idol Friend of Leo's

Yes. Especially their economic "theories".

2. KCLefty

KCLefty Tele-Meister

It's on Discovery... they had it on last night and I think they're running it again this afternoon (now) east coast time.

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

First, I like the idea of preparedness, I like and own firearms, I don't want to live in a hole in the ground. If things get to where the zombies have taken over, or the world is truly ending whatever your vision of that is, there won't be any more music, or for that matter anything else worthwhile going on, and living isn't just pumping air in and out of your lungs. I'm for hanging on, but not to clinging to a life raft in freezing shark infested waters listening to NICKELBACK at 95 DB.

Note:

In the event of a total collapse of all known civilizations, Guitar Center will conduct a special one time only 15% off event, possibly extending it through the following weekend (weather permitting.) (Certain Exclusions to Apply.)

4. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    It is simple...you can't "get ready" after the balloon goes up.

Gotsa be done before.

At least that's the way I see things.

:)

5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

You know what we call doomsday around here ?

Tuesday

(And a bunker don't help...:lol:)

6. 6stringelectric

6stringelectric Tele-Meister

I agree 100% with this - but the real question would be is it worth the time, energy, and expense to get ready for every possible thing that might happen, no matter how far-fetched or remote the possibility might be?

I think this is about as likely as a meteor falling onto my porch and wiping me out as I'm cooking supper, and if you'll excuse me I think it's time to go light the charcoal...

7. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Agreed.

Instead of a bunker why nto just burn a big pile of money and dance around it, at least you'll be dancing.:p

8. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

no need to stock up here....I have guns and plenty of deer Turkeys bear n such....no need to put it up just go get one or two when you get hungry....:cool:

9. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

I've never seen the show, and I don't feel like I need a doomsday bunker. But, I would like an underground tunnel to run from my basement to my detached garage (garage is built into the side of a hill, so the garage part is at or below basement level). I always figured such a tunnel would be way to expensive to build... but, it would be pretty cool.

10. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Around 1960 my school sent us home with plans for a bomb shelter...Nikita Khruschev..."we will bury you". In case of nuclear attack at school you were supposed to get under your desk...:lol:

Regarding the Mayans, aren't they basically extinct...? Guess they didn't see that coming...

11. Tred

Tred Tele-Afflicted

It's a pretty funny show. I've never saw a full show? I'm a channel surffer, and if something doesn't catch my interests, I am flippin' to another.

As for me, I've got a bunker for all my gear! After all, there won't be anyone to offend when the "END" arrives. No one can complain about how loud my music is! Long live rock & roll, even after the "END"! LOL

12. Volitan

Volitan Tele-Holic

Some doomsday things kinda make sense. An EMP strike. Yellowstone erupting. An asteroid impact. I get those. Those could happen.

The thing I don't get is people who think that there's going to be a magnetic pole flip. There's no scientific evidence to support that this will happen in the next 1000 years.

13. voodoo_idol

voodoo_idol Friend of Leo's

The only underground bunkers I'm interested in are the reverb chambers below the Capitol Records building.

[​IMG]

14. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

I'll laugh a bit when December 21 comes and goes and nothing happens.

15. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Do I have to repent, again?

16. sax4blues

sax4blues Friend of Leo's

I don't want to live down in a hole. I'll just sit upstairs with my guns and try to pick em off as they come down the street.

Check out the movie "Blast From The Past" with Brendan Fraser, Christopher Walken, Sissy Spacek, Alicia Silverstone. They go into a bunker at the Cuban missile crisis, stay down there 35 years, and come out to a very changed LA. I thought is was very funny.

17. tommym1

tommym1 TDPRI Member

How many guitars and cases of beer will an average shelter hold?

18. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I'm still pent. how do you get to where you'd need repent?

what did i miss?

19. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

I hate to shock you all, but actually I am the one who is going to bring the end of the world. :twisted:
    It won't be pleasant. I am planning on a week of homemade chili, breakfast, lunch and dinner, with heavy onions and beans. That's just the start.
    When you see the mushroom cloud over the midwest you will know it has begun.

20. Carzee

Carzee Tele-Afflicted

Nat King Cole's monument.

Back to the OP:
    If it hits the fan... tornado.... earthquake... tsunami... warfare... you have to evacuate because of all the dead bodies that contaminate the water. Mobility is key. You bug out ASAP because you can't see tiny germs that can kill or maim you. Bandits and looters can have the disaster area and the infections all to themselves.

Bunkers aren't mobile and germs are.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.