1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Don't you just get so mad at your wife for so many things?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bluesboy3, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Stanford Guitar

Stanford Guitar Tele-Afflicted

I rarely get mad about anything, life's too short.

2. El Marin

El Marin Friend of Leo's

Yes

Actually I am divorcing... well divorcing... never married but is the same

Cheap Trills likes this.
  3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I envy all you guys who seem to have "ideal" relationships.....and I MARVEL at how you seem to have found each other. I have had MANY blessings in my life, and I'm grateful for them, but finding "Ms. Right" just hasn't been one of them. I'm not one of those guys who blames women for all the problems in a relationship.....and I accept that at least half the reasons for my lack of success are my fault, but I still see men with similar issues (as I have) that find compatible mates.
    But, I don't lie awake at night worrying about it....I just accept it as my destiny. Good luck all. ;)

Bassman8 likes this.
  4. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

I never get mad at my wife anymore, really. One of the many benefits of getting old.

It's funny how often the frustration or anger you have toward another person actually originates with you yourself. The last time I got mad at my wife, I was just hungry.

5. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Afflicted

No. I'm a lucky guy and we've both learned each other well over all these years.

Bob

Harry Styron likes this.
  6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Thinking of starting a new thread, "Does anyone NOT get along with their dog?" :lol:

Dereksys38, Big_Ger and nojazzhere like this.
  7. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

Hardly at all since last Thursday.

SonicMustang likes this.
  8. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Holic

No, She will not let me. Really, not too much anymore. The older you get, you realize its not worth it.

9. KirbyBarba

KirbyBarba TDPRI Member

Marrying the right person helps. I'm glad I waited until my wife came along - when I was 39. She's has nursed me through too many serious illnesses. She's often the one urging me to get whatever guitar/car/etc. I'm currently lusting after, but I'm getting so much better at deferring gratification.

My brother on the other hand married someone too much like out mother, and after 23 years and two kids, got divorced - it was expensive and ugly. He's much better poorer but happier with a new love in his life.

Do we both do things that the other dislikes? Sure, be we're getting better at being adults about that.

10. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

My answer is yes, but not for many things, and it doesn't last.

My wife envies my ability to let go. She says she knows it's just a gust.

I apologize before bed, and we carry on.

So does she.

kookaburra and electrichead like this.
  11. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

Ha ha ha.....you said "do do".........

I suppose you all know now who's usually in trouble at my house.....:twisted:

Dereksys38 likes this.
  12. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

Um... not usually.

Dereksys38 likes this.
  13. Mission6_OG

Mission6_OG Tele-Meister

Nope. But I do take it as my dedicated and honorable duty to annoy her by grabbing her in the most embarrassing times in the most embarrassing of manners. I’ve only got 2 black eyes and a loose tooth. I think I’m doing pretty good!

Dereksys38 likes this.
  14. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Nope , shes the smartest person I know
    If I have to be honest , I really have no idea why she wants to be with someone as boneheaded and stupid as me !

telemnemonics likes this.
  15. NWinther

NWinther Friend of Leo's

Haha well we get prickly sometimes both of us...but mad...no not anymore....yeah I can get annoyed...and she at me....after have known each for almost 36 years...nah we are good....

Some things are most age related....and circumstances with kids family and auch where sometimes very stressful....but we got througj that as well....

She is a very good person to spend time with...

16. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

nah... I just miss her

Bluesboy3 likes this.
  17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

yup. was once in a marriage like that. Like you, loved my kids and hung in. For me, in retrospect, that was a mistake. I got a divorce, worked out the kid stuff and had the opportunity for the relationship I deserved.

I can absolutely remember exactly what you are expressing. Rooting for you man.

18. telemaster03

telemaster03 Tele-Meister

My wife is truly a saint...loves me like crazy, makes the house look beautiful and has never said a word about my various pursuit of guitars, amps, pedals and musical opportunities. I'm blessed to be married to her. I have no idea most days why she sticks around.

19. Addnine

Addnine Tele-Meister

My wife craves order. I enjoy sort of enjoy disassembling order to refashion it, or just to see how it works. Given that we had both taken on our temperaments by age two or so, if not in utero, this is unlikely to change. Most days, our differences work in a complementary manner, but sometimes we just stand in our very different worlds and yammer away at one another. So it goes. On balance it's fine. Boys and girls are different, you know. This will come as news to certain ideologues, I understand.

Telecasterless likes this.
  20. SweetClyde99

SweetClyde99 Tele-Holic

Ha. That would be my primary complaint too. My wife is great and our differences allow us to work well together and compensate for each other’s shortcomings, but she is far more extroverted than I am and just needs to burn through a certain number of words every day to be happy. I get it, but I need a certain amount of quiet to get through the day, and these needs aren’t totally compatible.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.