Don't worry, be happy songs which are not actually "Don't worry, Be Happy"

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
My 2022 Gibson Les Paul Standard '50s Gold Top. I always wanted a Les Paul so I finally decided to buy one.
The neck feels like a glove on my hand and the guitar sounds amazing. I love it!
View attachment 987851

View attachment 987855

It's perhaps the most polarizing song ever made, people are either going to go on a murder spree with it as the soundtrack, or they're going to sing along.

Bobby McFerrin himself couldn't care less about his evergreen, hasn't performed it for 30 years and as this clip shows, he didn't even put in an effort to learn the lyrics.

Why should he? He has since made himself a career in jazz and in classical music, what's a number one hit single compared to all the accolades he got with doing the more serious kind of music.

But that message of "Forget your troubles, let's enjoy life." is universal and there are more songs in that vein, let's list them.

Hakuna Matata is Swahili for “No worries” so that's the obvious one.

Now, the first time I became aware of THIS guy, I couldn't breathe from laughing so hard, but this song about just letting your hair down and dance like crazy does fit this thread.

The first song that came to mind when I got the idea for this thread was this one, but it had to be THIS live version because of it showcasing just what a KILLER live band these guys were.

From one musical family to another, spicy detail, the guy driving the car was Janet Jackson's first husband: James DeBarge.

My Happy Dance is The Freddy.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
It's perhaps the most polarizing song ever made, people are either going to go on a murder spree with it as the soundtrack, or they're going to sing along.

Bobby McFerrin himself couldn't care less about his evergreen, hasn't performed it for 30 years and as this clip shows, he didn't even put in an effort to learn the lyrics.

Why should he? He has since made himself a career in jazz and in classical music, what's a number one hit single compared to all the accolades he got with doing the more serious kind of music.

But that message of "Forget your troubles, let's enjoy life." is universal and there are more songs in that vein, let's list them.

Hakuna Matata is Swahili for “No worries” so that's the obvious one.

Now, the first time I became aware of THIS guy, I couldn't breathe from laughing so hard, but this song about just letting your hair down and dance like crazy does fit this thread.

The first song that came to mind when I got the idea for this thread was this one, but it had to be THIS live version because of it showcasing just what a KILLER live band these guys were.

From one musical family to another, spicy detail, the guy driving the car was Janet Jackson's first husband: James DeBarge.

One of my favorites to do......and audiences don't usually expect it. (but they seem to enjoy it) ;)