Don't shoot!!!

Fiesta Red Tele

TDPRI Member
Before you destroy me let me reassure you I am a happy owner of a beautiful Fiesta Red Custom Shop Tele, ok?

But... I've found something else Tele-like that is very interesting, very playable and with Suhr custom pickups, roasted birdseye maple neck and I reckon I also won the lottery on the figured ash body, in a lovely butterscotch colour.

First as a reminder here is a pic of my Fender Tele

And this is what I just got, please sit down and take deep breaths before you draw your weapons :)

https://flic.kr/p/2mGPd2v

Ok fire away your harshest comment. I won't hold it against you.

I love this thing it plays like a dream!

Last edited:

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
I actually like these

Haven’t played one yet though

The neck profile looks interesting

For those who haven’t seen one, in this picture the profile is more apparent
ED12AE72-46BD-46B7-BFE9-698A31E34205.jpeg

I wonder how it feels?

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
Strange looking beast but if it’s a player that’s great. I have a CS Stratocaster and a few other nice guitars, all for playing. I have no use for showcase guitars. Nice pair you have there.

Last edited:

clingin_on

Tele-Meister
Before you destroy me let me reassure you I am a happy owner of a beautiful Fiesta Red Custom Shop Tele, ok?

But... I've found something else Tele-like that is very interesting, very playable and with Suhr custom pickups, roasted birdseye maple neck and I reckon I also won the lottery on the figured ash body, in a lovely butterscotch colour.

And this is what I just got, please sit down and take deep breaths before you draw your weapons :)

I actually like it. If anything, I might tone-down the angle of the control plate, however...

It sure looks better than this:

74 Gib_ERFVEGLE.jpg

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
I LOVE your tele. That thing is awesome . The other thing is weird . Crazy grain in the neck . Cool for you that your liking it , that’s all that matters .

Fiesta Red Tele

TDPRI Member
Doesn't that pointy bit intrude on your own bits?

Not really because the curved side sits perfectly on either legs, in fact if you use it on the left leg it assumes an almost classical guitar position, bear in mind Strandberg only weighs 2.4 Kg or 5.3lbs, when it's on a strap it's almost weightless. I have not noticed any discomfort, the neck profile seemed odd to me too, but like most things if it's easy to play without effort then you forget about it, and the fan frets, what fan frets? Hardly noticable in my opinion.

kbold

Friend of Leo's
Enjoy .... visually not my cuppa tea (guitars without headstocks always made me feel uncomfortable), but I bet it's wonderful to play.
The fanning is quite subtle (as you mentioned) .... but the neck looks quite wide. For me it would be "try before you buy".

EugeneWeemich

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter

not for me, hombre, but you happy and plays like a dream is all that matters. z

tomasz

Tele-Holic
Congrats on the Sälen, great guitars! I play one myself. There is a lot to enjoy about it!

Telecastoff1

Tele-Afflicted
It definitely makes a statement. So long as YOU like it and it plays and sounds to meet YOUR expectations...then all is well. Running off the beaten path is sometimes a very good, gratifying thing. Enjoy your new guitar.

Fiesta Red Tele

TDPRI Member
The fretwork looks immaculate, does it sound like a telecaster ?

Middle and neck position I would say yes but not the bridge position, I think you'll all agree that a Tele bridge position owns that particulars sound tanks to the metal plate under the bridge, The Salen doesn't have that and while it is spanky it's definitely not your average Tele bridge sound.

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted
Middle and neck position I would say yes but not the bridge position, I think you'll all agree that a Tele bridge position owns that particulars sound tanks to the metal plate under the bridge, The Salen doesn't have that and while it is spanky it's definitely not your average Tele bridge sound.
I think it looks cool and if it plays good, what is not to like about it? It is different, but so what! I love that Fiesta Red Tele by the way. One of my favorite Fender colors.

fretWalkr

Tele-Holic
I really like both of those. Somehow the pink works really well on that tele. Extra points for the 50's style case with the full size storage compartment. I had one of those that came with a '59 strat back in the day and I miss it.

The Strandberg rocks. I love everything about that...what a cool design.