Donner Pedals Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by StormJH1, Apr 24, 2015.

1. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Thanks! I need another boost like a hole in the head, but @ $18 what the heck....

2. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

I like this boost. Has some tonal magic going on. Pretty much the same as the DBK, perhaps a bit more output. Still not a lot of gain going on, but the leads SING when engaged. Honestly left it on at practice and rode my volume knob..

kevsonic likes this.
  3. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Nice having a separate bass control, keeps it from getting farty....can be ice-picky if you don’t roll the treble knob but I’m all over it....

4. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

5. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

the muzizy performed well tonight. pushed my PJIV over the edge (in a good way). Caline product? Cool.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  6. Michael A.

I like the Muzizy. To me it is slightly darker than the DBK at the same settings, but I have only done a very brief comparison at low volume through my PJ3.

I will probably send mine back to the vendor. The output jack does not click securely around the cable pin when I put it in, and in fact the cable on occasion pops out. I'll ask for a replacement. Possibly it is not as well made as the DBK, or just a fluke component issue.

7. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Yup a bit darker than the DBK, but translates well into the Pro Jr. A tad gainier perhaps? In a good way.

8. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

It's funny how I'll be blown away by something like the Boost Killer and then file it away. I pulled it out earlier to pair with a recent Lovepedal find and it knocked me out all over! I can't put my finger on what it's doing; it's not mids-happy at all, it's not gainy in the least, to my knowledge there's no "voltage pump" business happening (yes, I'm a total layperson).

So, clearly it's mojo. It's the only logical explanation. ;)

9. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Clean boost of whatever is in front...in a good way

kevsonic likes this.
  10. Michael A.

Anyone here running this Donner power supply? I just ordered one for under $27 after using today's Ebay PRONTO15 discount code. It seems to have great reviews and for my board, it was the only one I could find with the leads from the power brick to the pedals having one straight end and one right angle end. I think this will give maximum flexibility for connecting them.
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=381768717233

11. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

I am sure it will be fine. I had a smaller Mosky power supply a while back, and even though some tell us that these cheap power supplies aren’t “really isolated”, they do reduce noise and other issues. I’m not an engineer so I can’t tell you the difference in design between these types and the expensive well known brands.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  12. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Yup. I have this. Paid more but no complaints regarding the unit. Works great.

13. Alonious_Monk

Alonious_Monk Tele-Meister

Been struggling to find an affordable Reverb/Delay pedal in one, then Shane drops this cheap and cheerful bombshell on my YouTube :)

14. timobkg

timobkg NEW MEMBER!

Can any of you who have experience with both Donner and Mooer pedals tell me how their foot switches compare?

I've heard that the Donner switched are pretty stiff, and my concern is that since I play barefoot at home the switch may be too stiff to comfortably press with my big toe.

The only pedal I currently have with such switches is a DigiTech Whammy, and that's really easy to press.

15. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

I haven’t had problems with the switches on either Mooer or Donner pedals.

16. North East Al

North East Al Tele-Meister

Just joined. Wanted a tremolo and opted for the Donner. Nice vintage sound through my Origin 20. Bargain for a home player. It's the only donner on my donner board, but it's a keeper.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.