1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Don Henley STILL way too sensitive

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

There are lots of comments downing Henley and I agree from what I've read about him and the whole Eagles thing he probably won't win a "Nice Person" award, but he is a super talented person who didn't get his gift naturally or by luck. He would have worked extremely hard at his craft which has payed of financially for him, so I guess he wants to protect that body of work which is important to him.
    I wish I had 1% of his talent and dedication.
    On a side note "colitis" re Hotel Cal........I read somewhere years ago that the best translation for this "made-up" word was "fart" Hey I don't write 'em I just report 'em!

2. The Bone

The Bone Friend of Leo's

You do hear it occasionally though, "and the SF Giants are donning their 1954 throwbacks". Etc... Seems like it usually has something to do with sports uniforms. "The Raiders today at home, donning the traditional black jerseys and silver pants". Everyone knows what "to don" is.

3. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

10 pages ?!

9 more than the guy deserves.

"Man - I really made my point on trademark/copycat law on that Henley thread. Hey let me send ya a link to it. My posts are on page 2, 4, 5, 8, and 9. Really don't know what those guys were thinking - it's so obvious !"

4. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Ouch....low praise indeed! Coldplay sucks!

5. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

"Forget buttons & take it easy with our easy to doff & don henley pullovers"

Sue me! :D

6. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's

Summary judgement - so no damages?
    Just a cease and desist?

7. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Ah - see if Irving (the third member of The Eagles) had been Don's lawyer he would have gotten damages to the extent Duluth would have been paying for years and years and would have to include some stupid Walden Woods logo in their ads and donate to it and then they'd be forced to stock some crap new Eagles CD with no monetary compensation.

Then Henley and Azoff would have been happy...

8. Cjl77

Cjl77 Tele-Meister

Walden woods is a good thing. If u check into it. I find it funny how people hate on ole Don. At his level of the game his name is a brand. If he used DTC name for his own profit they would sue him.
    It's all big business big money.

9. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Apparently. It should be good enough.

10. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Tele-Afflicted

I find the armchair psychology amusing. Why does he have to be "sensitive" or "mean" or "a jerk" to file a suit? What makes you think it bothers him emotionally? Perhaps he's just shrewdly protecting his public image. Perhaps he knows, after 40+ years in the business, that doing so is in his best interest.
    Maybe he isn't a happy go lucky guy, I don't know. How does that make him a miserable monster? Why does everyone have to be someone you'd share a beer with in order for you to like or respect them? Many people find happiness and comfort in solitude and order. Not everyone is jovial and outgoing. It doesn't make them bad people.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.