Don’t throw out those old calendars

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
In 1989 I toured the State Railroad Museum and bought my father a calendar. He loved it as he grew up in a railroad family. It hung near his favorite TV chair in the basement but he would not tear the pages off because he liked to look at the pictures.
Well I recently found this calendar still in good shape and guess what , it has cycled back to the 2023 calendar. I’m going to hang it somewhere just to confuse people.
Plus I can see all of the locomotive pictures

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Cool! I have some old ones too.

BTW...
In 2023, you can re-use calendars from these years:
2017, 2006, 1995, 1989, 1978, 1967, 1961, 1950, 1939, and 1933.
I would love to find a 1939 calendar, better keep looking

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
In 1989 I toured the State Railroad Museum and bought my father a calendar. He loved it as he grew up in a railroad family. It hung near his favorite TV chair in the basement but he would not tear the pages off because he liked to look at the pictures.
Well I recently found this calendar still in good shape and guess what , it has cycled back to the 2023 calendar. I’m going to hang it somewhere just to confuse people.
Plus I can see all of the locomotive pictures
Old calendars are often the closest thing I have to a journal from the past. For decades, I've used a "larger" calendar on my refrigerator to note appointments and occasions. If a question ever comes up regarding the past, I can refer back to my saved calendars, and answer a question.
To save space, though, the ones I usually get don't have pictures. ;)

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Every year we buy new calendars. At work, of course, they give them out for free. But they still cost money. They cost up to 5$ on good paper in color. But I could have done without spending so much. End of the year - hide the calendar until better times. Anyway, it will happen again someday. Take it out and hang it on the wall.
It’s hanging at home where I practice
E7E10D85-765E-4BDA-AF4B-63E185B0F632.jpeg

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
I send out Arizona Highwayesqe Calendars to clients, friends & relatives. Some folks love them and always ask for them, others? I wonder if they toss them.

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
As a kid, I found a wallet-sized perpetual calendar my dad had lying around. The realization that year-long calendars repeated blew my mind. Still does, sort of. I need to lie down.
So everything old is new again?

draggindakota

Tele-Holic
The first engineering firm I worked for had a 1996 Hooters calendar in the men's room when I started...in 1998. It finally got replaced around 2005, but in the interim span it was dutifully rotated to always show the correct month :lol:

Powdog

Tele-Holic
I worked in a machine shop from 1982-84 and Snap-On tools always gave out the best calendars.