Domino's is leaving Italy.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I think I figgered this out!

From the BBC article: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62487788

When it entered Italy seven years ago Domino's aimed to stand out from the country's traditional pizza makers with a comprehensive home delivery service and a distinctive menu including US-style toppings like pineapple.

It were pineapple, that dun it.

Last edited:

nickmm

Tele-Holic
I've been to Italy several times (and going again over Thanksgiving). On average, Italian pizza's never have impressed me..... even many of Domino's are better. We Americans always improve upon items we adopt from others...its always bigger and better.
That maybe due to US palate.
My experience of USA fast food was large servings very salty and or sweet.
Food wise Oaxaca México, Thailand and Vietnam have been the stand out for quick street food.
Naples in Italy is good. Rome can be hit and miss as can be Paris

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
Well, to be fair, McDonald’s succeeds in places with amazing local cuisine. I’m not sayin’ it’s right or good, it just is.

.. and Mc D's is pretty cheap, I don't know about the rest of the world but Dominos always feels pretty expensive here, especially if you add on fries, garlic bread or whatever, for the same money you could go out and get a pretty nice meal somewhere else. I probably only eat takeaway pizza a couple of times a year for that reason.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Most people (even Italians!) like garbage food, lots of it, and they like getting it fast/cheap

That is a universal truth. You will never get all three at once, with anything.

Cheap-Fast-and-Good.jpg

Tmcqtele65

Tele-Meister
.. and Mc D's is pretty cheap, I don't know about the rest of the world but Dominos always feels pretty expensive here, especially if you add on fries, garlic bread or whatever, for the same money you could go out and get a pretty nice meal somewhere else. I probably only eat takeaway pizza a couple of times a year for that reason.
That is not my experience. Of the fast food options available I have anecdotally found McDonald's to be the most expensive, and for what a single meal costs my wife and I at McDonald's we typically have leftover pizza for next day lunch and dinner (at Domino's, which we find acceptable, or other parlors).

nickmm

Tele-Holic
That is not my experience. Of the fast food options available I have anecdotally found McDonald's to be the most expensive, and for what a single meal costs my wife and I at McDonald's we typically have leftover pizza for next day lunch and dinner (at Domino's, which we find acceptable, or other parlors).
You are paying for clean restrooms.
BTW it's Macca's :)

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
I'll rephrase my deleted comment.
McDonalds clean bathrooms are one reason for their popularity.

There is no substance more slippery than whatever a fast food restaurant cleans their floors with. You stand to use the facility and by the end, you've done the splits!

nickmm

Tele-Holic

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
Well, to be fair, McDonald’s succeeds in places with amazing local cuisine. I’m not sayin’ it’s right or good, it just is.

McD's is smart enough to tweak their restaurants based on locality. I can only speak from limited experience in Italy, but I found the quality and selections of a McDonalds in Italy to be a bit better than a McDonalds in the US. Yes it's still junky fast food, but the difference was notable.

Purely out of curiosity, I also tried a couple of Japanese and Mexican restaurants when I was last in Italy -- the Japanese restaurants were fantastic but the Mexican restaurant was pretty terrible.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Read the room domino's
If you think Relicing causes debate...

The freedom to pick whatever toppings you like without fear of judgement should be a fundamental human right.

200.gif