Dog Owners of TDPRI

Flip G

Tele-Holic
Have you had any experience of your dog howling in sympathy with your guitar when you've been playing harmonics?
Which frets were their favorite? 12th, 7th, 5th, 3rd, or even higher in pitch?
Any audio?
I'm thinking of a cover of Horizons by Genesis which incorporates wolves howling.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
No but they go "Call of the Wild" when I play the harmonica. Four Huskies can generate around 120db when they go call of the wild.....

I cannot play the harmonica at home any more. Conversely, a cat named Chloe would rub the my leg and dribble 'love juice' all over the floor when I played them. RIP Chloe....

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
One of our tricks is to say "Release the hounds!" and they'll get a howl fest going.

A friend of mine years ago had a dog that would howl when his Mom would say "Where's Freddy?" (the name of another friend). The dog would only do this when his Mom said it. I guess her voice hit the right harmonic note.

Skub

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm not a dog owner,but the last band I played in,the keys player had a dog which always joined in with certain songs. He reckoned it was a seal of approval. :D

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
My Bella howls when I do volume swells on one of my teles. By "volume swells" I mean when I strike the note with the volume down then roll it up so that there is a violin effect of sorts. Bella gets freaked out by that. It's as if she's saying, "Where's the pick attack?!?"