1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Does your playing ever mess with your emotions?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Brent Hutto, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto Tele-Holic

I have a DVD of old Saturday Night Live shows and there was one week with the musical guest being George and the host Paul Simon. They did a little two-acoustic-guitar number, can't remember the song off the top of my head. Very sweetly performed.

That was a pair of guys who were really able to get a song across in a way that was totally unremarkable technique-wise yet totally effective feeling-wise. Although I must say Simon has always struck me as having a lot better chops than you'd give him credit for on a casual listen. Perhaps that's true of George, I don't know his playing all that well.

I think on that same show Paul Simon did an acoustic Something So Right that was an entirely different experience than the over-orchestrated album version...

2. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Ad Free Member

I haven't had music that I was playing affect me that way, but I've definitely had music I've listened to do that to me...

Cheers, Tim

3. Fourth Feline

Fourth Feline Tele-Holic

Yes !

That's what I love about playing the guitar and listening to music, it permeates you and all that entails ... :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.