Does your cat hate your tele?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Gypsy Eyes, Jul 9, 2011.

1. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

Heh. I had to pull the plastic tip off my Strat's trem bar, 'cause one of the cats was chewing on it.

/fist-shaking icon

2. Gypsy Eyes

Gypsy Eyes TDPRI Member

My worst nightmare. Somehow my cat hasn't discovered grillcloth. Couches yes. But not grillcloth.

3. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Ginger is pretty indifferent. She'll sleep through my practicing on electric guitar. She likes to help me change strings. I can be down in the basement and she'll be asleep upstairs, but if I pull out some strings to change she's there in a heartbeat. Maybe she can smell 'em or something.

My bass player's cat hangs out at practice. She'll sit on the couch by the drummer or sit on Tom's lap while he's trying to play. She likes it when I come over. I've been her cat sitter many times. I think she associates me with food.

You guys have some mighty fine lookin' cats there.

4. porknblue

porknblue Tele-Holic

My cat, Mr Big Paw, hates anything that gets my attention other than him. This boy comes in the house in the morning, bypasses the food bowl, and heads straight to the guitar room where I will be waiting for his morning petting session. This may be interupted by my doing something on the computer, answering the phone, etc... but he will patiently wait for me to finish and get back to his petting.

The moment I pick up a guitar, his ears go back and he gets that look of cat disgust, then does an about face and leaves the room. He knows it's over at that point.

So, yes, my cat hates it when I play guitar.

5. qwerty95

qwerty95 Tele-Holic

My brother took my cat when he moved out, but I know my dog hates it. She goes all the way across the house if I plug in.

6. Anchoret

Anchoret Friend of Leo's

No.

7. Del Pickup

Del Pickup Poster Extraordinaire

My cat seems to hate me playing my Martin - don't think he's ever been in the room where I keep the electric family.

Whenever I pull out the Martin he jumps up on the couch and puts his head or paw on the strings or else tries to climb across the body and up onto my shoulder!

Maybe he's trying to tell me something........................!

8. Mike Armstrong

Mike Armstrong RIP

My cat sleeps with her head on my SG case, in the corner where the Strat & Jazz Bass also live....she loves the sound of my Tele, and comes to any room I'm in while playing it. One of her favorite activities is "helping" me change strings....a cat with a guitar string is a happy cat.

Mike

9. IronFeliks

IronFeliks TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

I hope not... young Penny is barely a toothpick for the ole' Meatbag...

James

10. leftyfrank

leftyfrank TDPRI Member

My cat has good taste. Ignored my tele case and urinated in the Epiphone Dot case!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.