Does this still count as a T Style?

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
It's a T-style if you say it is. Meaning, for some folks it's all about the body shape. Others the headstock.

I call it a T-style because it has the Tele bridge. That tells me that no matter what it looks like... it twangs. And if it twangs... it's a Tele.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
Seems I’ve seen that style referenced as a Telemaster.
It’s a legit thing far as I know.
Regardless, I really like it.

Midgetje94

Tele-Afflicted
If that was a fair price and played ok, I'd have bought it in a hot second.

$350. Would probably take $300. And it plays well. Wish I took a pic. Has some really cool compensated saddles. Half of it will slide and lock.

Maguchi

Tele-Afflicted
It's way cool! As long as you like it, I wouldn't worry about what other's might think. Fender made an offset Telecaster like that in 2016 and I think maybe there is a Squier version of the offset Telecaster too. Here's mine. It's a Strat body with Tele everything else. Made by Fender in 2018 as it came from factory with no modifications.

Strat Tele.jpg

Midgetje94

Tele-Afflicted
It's way cool! As long as you like it, I wouldn't worry about what other's might think. Fender made an offset Telecaster like that in 2016 and I think maybe there is a Squier version of the offset Telecaster too. Here's mine. It's a Strat body with Tele everything else. Made by Fender in 2018 as it came from factory with no modifications.

View attachment 901684

I like that. A lot.

Midgetje94

Tele-Afflicted
If I were you, I'd be strumming it on my couch right now.

haha there’s a few things I’m eyeballing. This, a Tom Delong stratocaster with suhr pickups, or a Lab Series L7

edit. Strat is no longer listed. Must be gone

Last edited:

soundchaser59

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
If I saw someone playing it in public I would ask them how they like their Jag. The thought of Telecaster would not enter my mind. I'm old school "look at the body shape" I guess.
If you saw it in a grainy blown up concert photo on an album cover, would your first thought be "nice Tele?"

Tele-Strat

Tele-Meister
The OP asked if it was a "T-style", not a "Tele". I responded in the affirmative.

If you put those elements on a hardtail Strat body, I would still call it a "T-style", not necessarily a "Tele".
Why not then call it a Strat style or S style if those elements are on a Strat body?

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
Hmm... since all (other)"T-Types" are TSO:s anyway, then sure... why not this one as well.
However... this looks more like a JSO(Jazzmaster Shaped Object) to me. :)
Sure, you've got the Tele bridge, pickups and headstock down pat, but the body shape
just says Jazzmaster to me.

Gunter

TDPRI Member
I'm not a big fan of offsets to begin with, but I almost pulled the trigger on this Guitar Mill body for this Warmoth Neck that I've had for a while now. The finish is just too cool.

Here’s my telemaster. With a C shaped ‘59 les paul/strat Warmoth neck. 1.75” wide at the nut. You can call it whatever you like. To me it’s awesome!

View attachment 901392 View attachment 901394

Attachments

• 3471561F-4BD5-4689-92CB-22F4777C26B0.jpeg
    3471561F-4BD5-4689-92CB-22F4777C26B0.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 15

h34vy d1st0rt10n

TDPRI Member
Just need another bridge pickup in neck position routed, middle position switch to both pickup series and call it Metalmaster.

Tele-Strat

Tele-Meister
cause everything about the config is tele, it’s just “weird shaped.” It will sound and operate like a tele. Likewise I wouldn’t call this t-style, i’d call it s-style.
Not to be a jerk, just real curious: So based on the pickups and headstock in your picture you say it is a S-style ? I can’t say that modification of pickups makes that an S style
View attachment 902058

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
Not to be a jerk, just real curious: So based on the pickups and headstock this is a S-style ?
View attachment 902058

pickup config and the bridge system. i don't think the headstock shape really matters. that guitar doesn't sound anything like a tele.

the strat or the jazzmaster body with the tele config do...i think they're more tele than a tele shape with an ABR1 and two PAFs like i see people do - that's just, something, not a tele, not a gibson, idk what it is. and a tele deluxe doesn't sound like a tele, it sounds like a tele deluxe.

Tele-Strat

Tele-Meister
pickup config and the bridge system. i don't think the headstock shape really matters. that guitar doesn't sound anything like a tele. the strat or the jazzmaster body with the tele config do...i think they're more tele than a tele shape with a stoptail and two PAFs like a see people do - that's just, something, not a tele, not a gibson, idk what it is. and a tele deluxe doesn't sound like a tele, it sounds like a tele deluxe.
If you were building a guitar from Warmoth for example, you start off with the shape of the body. So you start off with a Tele style or t-style or telecaster style body, (practically interchangeable terms there) and then you select how it’s going to be routed for the pick ups.
Likewise if you’re going to get a different body from Warmoth you would start with a Strat body or S-body and decide how was going to be routed for pick ups.

Just throw it out there, they use a term called hybrid for other body shapes