Does the new site grow on you?

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
I used to check out the classifieds every day, but now with the new format, where you can't see all ads in one place, I have quit looking at the classifieds at all.
I haven't looked at the classifieds since the LAST upgrade. I like the format where the classifieds scrolled across the top, or middle or whatever.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
They changed to a system of 'lightweight' fonts that are intended to make pages render a bit faster. The fonts look thin and are more difficult to read. They also seem to have, inexplicably, changed the main font color to something with less contrast.

It's like they didn't consider that the typical member, here, is 40-70+ years old. Our eyes are that old, too.

It's things like this that they broke trying to fix stuff that was working well.
The upgrade is harder to see for people 3-score and 10+. The print is too light and too small. It was easier to read before for my demographic. But I'm still here and otherwise love this place.

Does the new site grow on you?​

It would be great if everybody would make their posts bold. And maybe larger.

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
I miss the most recent threads always being on display. I'm always using my phone, not a computer, so everything else that changed balanced the good with the bad besides that.

Wallaby

Friend of Leo's
I like it.

I miss not having the new posts on the home page, but when they did I wanted to filter them to display only the ones I'm interested in.

At least this way I can view the specific content I'm interested in. With a few clicks.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I don't even remember what the old site looked like anymore.

I think ... it was on GeoCities

nQbBanF.gif

jman72

Friend of Leo's
Yeah, like many I'm not a fan of the fonts- harder to read, especially on my phone. There's just something that I can't quite put my finger on that makes it seem less inviting. But oh well, its a free site, so I can't complain.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Yeah, like many I'm not a fan of the fonts- harder to read, especially on my phone. There's just something that I can't quite put my finger on that makes it seem less inviting. But oh well, its a free site, so I can't complain.

Sure you can complain. ;) Free or not, the level of usability has been reduced in an online resource that's provided to us.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I like it.

I miss not having the new posts on the home page, but when they did I wanted to filter them to display only the ones I'm interested in.

At least this way I can view the specific content I'm interested in. With a few clicks.

Click New Posts. Bookmark that in your browser. Clicking the bookmark opens your 'home page' that displays what you want to see.