Does the new site grow on you?

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
Still leaning toward strong dislike, but accepting that it is what it is.

I have yet to find one single thing in the changes that are for me, an improvement.

But, thanks for asking, anyway.

Little stuff.
Spread all around.

Little stuff.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Given a choice, I'd prefer the old format.
I wasn't given the choice.
I'm still here, however.

I'm ( of course).not going anywhere, but
the layout seemed friendlier before, less generic maybe?

- and the type/ font size on my phone is teeny!
( enlarging size on my Settings doesn't seem to do anything here)

theprofessor

Poster Extraordinaire
I haven't gotten used to it yet. I still keep coming back, but I'm finding it's somehow more off-putting to browsing. I can't read the new site nearly as easily. I'll keep at it. Maybe it's kind of like adjusting to progressive lenses or something.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
the only real difference I notice is when you hover the mouse pointer over alerts and your log out icons there's no drop down window like before, you have to click on the icons...

extra clicks.... AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH !!!!! NOOoooooooo ..;)

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Yes. The next time there's a big update, you'll be asking to have this one back.

Yep. Prior to the last major update, Paul set up a mock TDPRI "beta" site that was run on the (soon to be) new software, and a bunch of people (including myself) were asked to participate in running it through the wringer and getting familiar with everything to help the general membership with the transition. This became the site that was just replaced, and it was not exactly met with enthusiasm in the beginning, either.

Apparently y'all adjusted to it, though, because I'm seeing the same objections that occurred the last go-round.

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Because of the way I navigate this site(probably my inexperience) I get the feeling I’m missing a lot of posts ( possibly some interesting ones) that I would have seen with the old format .

chezdeluxe

Doctor of Teleocity
I miss the “Today’s Posts“ button which allowed you to view all threads even if you had seen the latest post previously……

Edit …….I see that feature is retained under “What’s New”

Last edited:

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I reallly need my glasses to use the new site. The old one was easier to read. At least it seems that way. But I’m old and remember Neil Young.

They changed to a system of 'lightweight' fonts that are intended to make pages render a bit faster. The fonts look thin and are more difficult to read. They also seem to have, inexplicably, changed the main font color to something with less contrast.

It's like they didn't consider that the typical member, here, is 40-70+ years old. Our eyes are that old, too.

It's things like this that they broke trying to fix stuff that was working well.