Does the cold and crappy weather drag you down?

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
It never gets cold and crappy here during winter.... not on the level you snow bound folks experience...

even in winter the ocean temp hardly drops below 20C/70F...

people come here from our cold south to spend winter in the sun..:)

Flyboy

Tele-Holic
Yes. Edinburgh is like that most of the time.

However, we are right now enjoying a warm and sunny March.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Move to the Phoenix suburbs. The cure for SAD.

Dry and sunny almost every day. There might be a few rainy days or even a week or two sometimes in the "winter" but it's minimal. You do have to like it hot.

Natural beauty is unparalleled out there. Desert and mountains and it's glorious.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Canadian born and grew up in Michigan. I've lived in several states in the US. One thing that I've learned from my travels is the man was not meant to live that far north. Also, you can have Florida with all it's humidity. No thanks, not gonna do it.

I live in a valley where winters are mild, but I'm still only an hour from a ski resort. Works for me! I'm already getting depressed about warmer weather coming.

ellielo

TDPRI Member
I definitely need to move to a warmer place. I think Hawaii is a suitable place for me. I am always getting sick very easily in winter and check Canada Drugs website for different meds descriptions. Would love to spend the whole winter next to Caribbean somewhere wearing t shirts and summer shoes.

Last edited:

Painter644

Tele-Meister
You pto
I definitely need to move to a warmer place. I think Hawaii is a suitable place for me. I am always getting sick very easily in winter and check Canada Drugs website for different meds descriptions. Would love to spend the whole winter next to Caribbean somewhere wearing t shirts and summer shoes.
You probably don’t get sick from the cold but from contact with other people who are sick. Cold viruses transmit from person to person as any other virus does. But, a t-shirt and summer shoes? That’s a different story. We save a bundle through a Canadian drug supplier, but the morons in Congress are too busy collecting pharma donations…

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
I grew up in Los Angeles & have been in Phoenix Arizona since the 70's. Phoenix is colder than LA in the Winter & hotter than LA in the Summer. Cloudless blue sky is boring to me and that is what we have the most of here in the desert. I love any kind of rain, especially wicked weather rain. I love 20 + MPH winds. All combining to make a dreary looking day and that, makes me happy, curious, adventurous and happy for the droughts demise.

markal

Tele-Afflicted
Having lived in two very different climates - Northeast (New England and the Mid-Atlantic) and now Colorado (near Denver), I have a different perspective on this. I was so glad to leave behind the cold, damp, gray winters of the east. It gets cold here, obviously, but it’s often sunny in the winter and we almost always get some very mild and sunny days throughout the winter.

The flip side is the dread when you realize it’s too dry. We’ve had a lot of very bad fires (the Marshall fire destroying much of the neighboring town) and lately it’s been way too dry and way too windy for April. It foreshadows a potentially bad summer/fall. You never know, we could get more spring rains and/or a good summer monsoon, but I’m worried. And I NEVER worried about needing rain in the East.

But I get it - the Easter (or midwestern) late winter and early spring is tough to bare. Hang in there.

puddin

Tele-Afflicted
Yes it drags me down..it's very annoying..that's why long time ago, I moved to Florida. Pittsburgh was a drag growing up.

Last edited:

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
We've heard of seasonal depression, can’t say I’m depressed from the last four ish months. That said I’ve about had enough of the cold, snow, now slightly warmer temps but the constant clouds and constant rain we’ve had all week.

We had a spell here and there a couple weeks ago with some 70 degree days. I had a bit more pep in my step and more motivation. Got outside, dogs got to go out and have some fun, I finally got to fire up my weber kettle for the first time and grill some stuff!

Now I’m back in the gloomy slump, with this change I kinda noticed how it’s affected my moods, my energy level ect. Probably another reason it affects me is my work is weather pending so when all this cold, snow, and rain hits I’m stuck in the house. I can only practice so much guitar before my fingers need a break or watch so many law and order episodes before I get bored and feel like napping.

Man I’m ready to get out, move around and fire up my smoker!!
I grew up in the SF costal fog, and dont mind it. That said, I’m in Hood River now and we just had another dump of snow. I’m ready for some sun again. That is until we get those 100 degree weeks.

Nubs

Friend of Leo's
I spent the last 10 years in the Houston area where genuine cold weather was very hard to come by. So naturally I became used to the warmer weather.

I moved up to MD at the beginning of this year and just now it's starting to get warmer. Holy hell is my body not used to cold weather! The snow and freezing cold definitely gets old and I didn't miss it a bit down in TX. But overall, this is the better place for me by far.

Hopefully some year I'll get used to cold weather again.

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
Only at the end of winter. When spring has tantalized - actually started - and you still wake up to freezing winds and snow. That makes for a very tired of it all feeling.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
We've heard of seasonal depression, can’t say I’m depressed from the last four ish months. That said I’ve about had enough of the cold, snow, now slightly warmer temps but the constant clouds and constant rain we’ve had all week.

We had a spell here and there a couple weeks ago with some 70 degree days. I had a bit more pep in my step and more motivation. Got outside, dogs got to go out and have some fun, I finally got to fire up my weber kettle for the first time and grill some stuff!

Now I’m back in the gloomy slump, with this change I kinda noticed how it’s affected my moods, my energy level ect. Probably another reason it affects me is my work is weather pending so when all this cold, snow, and rain hits I’m stuck in the house. I can only practice so much guitar before my fingers need a break or watch so many law and order episodes before I get bored and feel like napping.

Man I’m ready to get out, move around and fire up my smoker!!
It gets me down but, it can't keep me down.
NOPE!!!