Does the cold and crappy weather drag you down?

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
I live above the 57th parallel. My rule is: walk every day, without exception.

I always- always- find something outdoors, that makes me glad I went outside. Sometimes, it's just the satisfaction, from not being dictated to, by rain or snow.

I don't have a dog- but there are reasons, why dog owners are said to live happier lives.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
I'm renting one or I would. Reason I'm renting is when I rented it in '93 I paid 350 a month. Today I pay only 400. For a 4 bedroom house. Hard to walk away from that with no maintenance costs or taxes.

My landlord and I are good friends as we're his and my parents. I'm his longest lasting tenant and he knows I won't tear it up. Plus I do a lot of general maintenance myself. Clean the gutters, paint, etc. He tells me to knock it off the rent but I never do.
I couldn’t park a Maytag box in an alley for that $

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
Man, I hate this time of year. Seems like it's always dreary, damp, cold and windy.

BTW, snow in the forecast for tomorrow.
IMG_2715.jpg

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
I seem to have reached an age (71) where i have almost no tolerance for cold. Cold in California isn't like cold in Minnesota- I'm usually out in the garden year round, but I barely saw it this winter, and things like washing windows were let go completely. Been in the 80's the last few days- my Wisconsin relatives are prone to popping up this time of year.

Mechanic

Friend of Leo's
Up until 3 years ago I worked and played in the snow. I looked foreword to winter and skiing here in Utah. That was pre-transplanted liver.
Now it’s a matter of staying warm. My liver team hadn’t mentioned the side effects of the drugs I have to take because the new liver. I’m now very sensitive to heat and cold. I had kids to blow my walks and driveway clean from ice and snow. I stayed inside, my guitar skills improved a little and I built Legos with grandkids. Nothing happened in my shop as I couldn’t get or stay warm enough for my hands to function properly. Thinking of giving away my ski gear. And I don’t yet know if I’m going to make it to the Salt Flats to see friends race this year. Guess we can throw in a little depression as well.

HappyMangle

TDPRI Member
I don't like cold and don't like being outside when it is cold. I am getting sick very quickly and that's the worst part of it.

Telecaster88

Tele-Afflicted
@Twofingerlou I'm in your neck of the woods or thereabouts. I try really hard not to let the weather affect my mood, but it still does. Life is just better with the windows open. This cold, ceaseless rain is just about my least favorite. Chills you to the bone.

fjblair

Tele-Afflicted
Not bothered by cold but I'm very much affected if cloudy/rainy/foggy conditions persist beyond a couple of days. I hate rain and I hate rainy days. I need to see and feel the sun.

flathd

Poster Extraordinaire
Try switching from "Law and Order" episodes to Andy Griffith. I've been watching 2 episodes daily, good humor. It's cold and windy here today, but there's no snow which is always good.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The weather is what you make of it.

Day started off cool and sunny and we walked the pup quite a ways.

Later it got overcast and chilly and I broke out the tools, replaced the rear muffler on "Marischka" with a nice Bosal unit and replaced the hatch struts, the left fog light and the right turn signal assembly on "Max". I like working on cars on overcast days - more comfortable.

I liked this Bosal unit so much, I made a run into town (internet) to order a twin of it for "Sacha" and some other stuff as well. That's why I'm talking to ya'll.

Rock Auto - like everything except their juvenile ad scheme - despise it but since I don't do TV I pretend it doesn't exist. I love their refrigerator magnets! Whoever is in charge at Rock Auto, dump the cartoon thing. It does you no favors whatsoever. Your customers are not Beavis or Butthead.

Foxximan84

TDPRI Member
When the weather outside is bad, I'm always depressed. Maybe it's because I like sun and rain and cloudy weather is not for me

Tonetele

Poster Extraordinaire
It gets colder hear in April. By the end of July 1/2 of Australia is in tropical Bali ( Indonesia). That's where I go when it fails to get over 15C (59F). 18 million Aussies get away each year in winter out of 24 millionpeople.

lowatter

Tele-Holic
Canadian born and grew up in Michigan. I've lived in several states in the US. One thing that I've learned from my travels is the man was not meant to live that far north. Also, you can have Florida with all it's humidity. No thanks, not gonna do it.