Does the cold and crappy weather drag you down?

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
We’re pretty lucky here: the coldest days are usually sunny. We had a few isolated days of snow, but I don’t think we had even one day this year that didn’t at least get above freezing. So I’m okay with winter here. We’re safely into Spring now though; got up to 21°C today! I will be surprised if we go below freezing again until December.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Even though I hate rainy and cold weather (especially on the weekends), I will say it’s nice to have a long, lazy rainy day curled up in bed with a good book.

It’s even better to be curled up in bed with a person who’s read a good book…;):p

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Not much or not for long. If this is about the shoulder seasons or transition in seasons, there's trail building, fishing and gravel rides between prime skiing and prime biking.

I confess to some severe depression this week because one of my buddies had Mount Bohemia powder dump just about to himself while I have to be here with work and family responsibilities but that will pass.

A really rotten round of weather is just a poke to do some sports toy maintenance, taxes or accounting.

Edit: 12:22 in should explain it, but all the Mount Bohemia TV episodes also explain it. Don't complain, do stuff. If we have an early death it should be from some great action.

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I 💕 the change of seasons.
But this winter there was only one good snow.

It's the below 50 to 30 rainy days that are yuck that seem to happen quite a bit up here. (But it makes great cocooning and inspiring music practice time!).

It's kind of like in the Eagles song Desperado, it describes the weather malaise of sorts:

"Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?
The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine,
It's hard to tell the night time from the day"

Last edited:

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
march is supposed to be one of the moderately dry months here, with only like 4-5 days of rain - semi-arid climate. instead it's been cold and raining every day for a month straight. and last week, massive amounts of red dust from the sahara blew over the entire country - the streets were covered in it. it's been wild and a total drag.

sk25

Tele-Meister
Honestly, I like the colder weather in winter/late fall. A nice cold rain, a breezy cloudy day, snow, I enjoy it all. I'm perfectly fine waking up with the temp at 30 degrees. Once it starts to get down around 0 or 5, though, not so much. That's mostly because I don't really have the proper clothing for that temperature, though.

What I DON'T enjoy is sweating on the 15 seconds from the front door to the car, sitting down in the oven that IS the car, the sun beating down and making me absolutely miserable, wasps, sunburn in fifteen minutes outside, the humid/heavy heat of the south in summer, wasps, sweat, pollen, mowing the lawn, wasps...it goes on and on.

Did I mention wasps? Yeah, the wasps.

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
It's been chilly and raining here all week, after we got a tease of some warm weather last week. We even got some crazy thunder and lightning last night.

I tend to just roll with it, because I know that this rainy spell will end and everything will be clean and green when the sun breaks through again.

- D

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
What I DON'T enjoy is sweating on the 15 seconds from the front door to the car, sitting down in the oven that IS the car, the sun beating down and making me absolutely miserable, wasps, sunburn in fifteen minutes outside, the humid/heavy heat of the south in summer, wasps, sweat, pollen, mowing the lawn, wasps...it goes on and on.
Outside of the wasps, that sounds like a good day to me. Give me sunburn and sweat over cold, clouds and rain any day!

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
The Texas gulf coast summers get me down. As I get older, I like cold weather more and more. I dread the heat and humidity. Maybe I need to figure out a way to move from the field to the office.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Sorry to hear that.
I'm in the North of England.
It's 61 degrees, no wind, not a cloud in the sky and I can't remember the last time it rained.
The dark Winter nights get me down but not the cold weather.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Nope. Not at all. Warmer weather means mowing and sunscreen. Yuck.

It could stay cold all year and I'd be happy. It could snow all year and it would not bother me.

No sun? No problem.

Painter644

Tele-Meister
Honestly, I like the colder weather in winter/late fall. A nice cold rain, a breezy cloudy day, snow, I enjoy it all. I'm perfectly fine waking up with the temp at 30 degrees. Once it starts to get down around 0 or 5, though, not so much. That's mostly because I don't really have the proper clothing for that temperature, though.

My puppy likes the cold, ergo, I “like” the cold…