Does Sweetwater ever have GC-style discounts?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by cwcowell, Mar 16, 2011.

1. cwcowell

cwcowell Tele-Meister

I'm impressed with Sweetwater's customer service, but haven't ever seen them offer the 10-20% discounts that GC occasionally offers.

Does anyone know if Sweetwater has regular or sporadic sales? Can't think of a time I've ever seen one advertised on their site.

2. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Me neither.

Do they even price match?

3. Fendrcaster

Fendrcaster Tele-Afflicted

Talk to your sales tech. I've bought several items from Sweetwater that my tech discounted to match or beat prices I had found elsewhere.

4. 4514

4514 Tele-Holic

It's cuz they pay people who know what they're doing, I think. The tech support is really awesome. Unfortunately they don't advertise price matching or have massive discounts. I wish they did, their inventory has a lotta stuff that GC, MF, ZZounds, and SamAsh don't carry.

5. mattyboy

mattyboy Tele-Meister

You can usually haggle with the sales tech and get about 10% off. I've purchased a strat and a tele from there and never paid full retail.

6. WrayGun

WrayGun Tele-Afflicted

Same here... talk to a sales rep and ask them for the best deal they can give you. I haven't paid list price for anything at Sweetwater since I discovered this approach...

7. Chutist

Chutist Tele-Holic

I bought my Wolfgang from them last year and managed 15% off but only because I held their feet to the fire. I was sitting in Sam Ash Hollywood when the Sweetwater Rep called me back. I'm sure he could hear that I was in a shop. The pages going over the PA in the store likey didn't hurt my cause... ;):lol:

I tried to pre order on of the Tele's and the reply was at full MAP. :eek:

I'd buy more from them but I don't want to call up and have to ask for a discount when GC and MF just send me a code i can type in.... :neutral:

8. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

You do have to ask. They've matched an offer once on an item they wanted to move, but generally just the 10%. They claim the discount is in setup, quality and free shipping. I generally tend to agree on high end or specialty items. No periodic sales that I've ever seen except for discontinued items or overstocked stuff.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.