1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Does Glaser still install benders?

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by Jason Cornelius, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Jason Cornelius

Jason Cornelius Tele-Meister

I’d like to get a double bender put in my new tele, but I can’t seem to get a good answer if they do or not.

Thanks!
    Jason

2. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

I haven’t seen Joe since NAMM 2016 with Fred Walecki. I believe he is still doing them and that the best way to reach them if you’re outside Nashville is via Facebook.

3. Jay Isler

Jay Isler Tele-Meister

Yes he does. I just got off of the phone with Joe and he told me he is doing the bender installs himself and the turn-around time is pretty quick.

Jason Cornelius likes this.
  4. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

I don't know either. When he was busy with installations, though, many "civilians" went through long delays as he gave preference to known professionals.

While his benders are good I feel they are rather lightly built. At that price point there are more robust types I prefer. I've also never been a big fan of the lever placement at the neck plate. I owned one and it always felt like it was slightly falling forward compared to shoulder-strap models like the Evans Pull String and Parsons Classic.

5. ForrestLeeJr

ForrestLeeJr Tele-Meister

Joes got a new design B bender. But not sure about how hes doing doubles.
    I just finished a beautiful double bender today.

Jason Cornelius likes this.
  6. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

I was fortunate in getting my Glaser b in 1991 and b/g in 1993. The latter took nine months but that was because it was and reminds the only lefty and required extra parts fabrication.

It is more lightly built, but I like that. And neither of mine have required any maintenance or adjustment of any kind since I got them.

And re the strap placement, once I got used to it I found I prefer it to my Bill Bores P/W.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.